• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Bi-xenon VS normal headlamp (SLK200)!!??!!

Guest SgLaKsa

Guest SgLaKsa

Hi everyone,

Does anyone here knows how to differentiate visually between a Bi-xenon headlamp and a normal headlamp for SLK200? I was told that my SLK's headlamp is a Bi-xenon but i don't know whether or not it really is ??? ??? ???

Thanks a lot :) :) :)

i think bi-xenon are those lamps tt give out a bluish-tint of light, similar to those of BMW's. but not HID.

while normal lamps are called halogen lamps, orange-light.

correct me if im wrong. :)

Guest SgLaKsa

i think bi-xenon are those lamps tt give out a bluish-tint of light, similar to those of BMW's. but not HID.

while normal lamps are called halogen lamps, orange-light.

correct me if im wrong. :)

If that's true than mine is only the normal headlamp instead of Bi-xenon leh >:( >:( :( like that i must go back to the PI and get some discount in cash ah kekeke ::) ;D ;)

Guest Cklasse

You cannot go by the light colour to determine a xenon or halogen light. I can change the bulb and be yellow or white to bluish.

The characteristic of a xenon light is the initial firing up when it turns on. You will see a quick flicker and the light slowly brightens (in a few seconds) unlike a halogen that lights up immediately.

Guest SgLaKsa

You cannot go by the light colour to determine a xenon or halogen light. I can change the bulb and be yellow or white to bluish.

The characteristic of a xenon light is the initial firing up when it turns on. You will see a quick flicker and the light slowly brightens (in a few seconds) unlike a halogen that lights up immediately.

Thanks 4ya info CKlasse, i think mine is just a normal halogen headlamp after all. I've read my owners' manual and it states that Bi-xenon headlamp do not have the height adjustment thing but mine has. Moreover, Bi-xenon headlamp has Cornering light function but mine doesn't. Anyway, mine lights up immediately instead of the 'quick flicker and the light slowly brightens' characteristic.