• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

air recirculation

Guest angela

Guest benzw124

Nope don't think thats possible unless you reprogramme the computer?. If i'm not wrong, its a safety feature so that you do not pass out from lack of oxygen and to prevent the windows from fogging up. Its been around in mercedes cars for the past twenty odd years already. http://www4.mercedes-benz.com/e/cars/c-class/betriebsanleitung/vertiefen/N1B7A5.html#N1BF54

• 1 year later...
Guest cisconet

Hi Bro,

Sorry to bring this up again. Found that this feature applies to my new Merc car too. And i find that it is a very stupid feature.

Imagine driving behind a truck and the air recirculation switched off, the fumes smell would go into the car cabin, when you realised, you turn it "ON' back and the fume smell will continue to recirculate in the cabin which i think will cause more harm to the passenger, don't you agree.. :( Sigh...

Guest Cklasse

It may seem stupid in that instance of being behind the lorry. However, the car is merely forcing the cabin air to be exchanged so that we get fresh air (at the right time and right place would be better la). This will come in handy when on long driving trip like in NSHW when stale air can make you tired, it's just like what an aircraft will do, exchanging the cabin air. For this reason, I think this is a great feature that other cars lack.

It may seem stupid in that instance of being behind the lorry. However, the car is merely forcing the cabin air to be exchanged so that we get fresh air (at the right time and right place would be better la). This will come in handy when on long driving trip like in NSHW when stale air can make you tired, it's just like what an aircraft will do, exchanging the cabin air. For this reason, I think this is a great feature that other cars lack.

for this reason, bmw make their cars with auto air recirculation function. this is one of the features which mercedes should take a leaf out of bmw's book. auto recirculate it seems, detects if there is fresh air outside the vehicle and lets the external air flow in. when it detects stale or polluted air, it cuts off outside air coming in and maintains circulation until the air pollutants are gone..

for my beemer i realised the fantastic ease of not having to press the darn button every time i start the car and every 30mins there after. of course in the S class there is the carbon filter, which for most of the time, ensures u dun have to press the irritating, and i stress again, irritating button.. but its nothing like having it being automatically done for you... =)

Guest Cklasse

Then the BMW has a better feature if it is automatic. Wonder if there is filter for this air intake in the C-class? I knew there is an air filter above the battery in the W203 but just never bother to find out that filter is for air intake or air-con.

Then the BMW has a better feature if it is automatic. Wonder if there is filter for this air intake in the C-class? I knew there is an air filter above the battery in the W203 but just never bother to find out that filter is for air intake or air-con.

In the W203, u can add your own carbon filter(buy the aquarium filter) at the air intake filter which is located just above car battery. However the carbon will loose its effect after a while.

It is not that the BMW has a better feature but just that Merc choose incorporate this feature only at their highest end aircon. I believe most of our cars come equipped the thermatic package. The similar feature is available only on the thermotronic model. It comes with solar & rain sensor on all 4 sides, 2 activated carbon filter - 1 for external air intake & the other for internal air circulation.

Sometimes one gotta hate Daimler Benz for over engineering, the 30mins cut off for forced air intake is frustrating for urban dwellers. Also our std cars are spec by Daimler Benz Asia so they decide what is deemed ideal for SG.

Some times really KNN them, things like Thermotronics, auto boot closing, xenon should be standard.

Sometimes one gotta had Daimler Benz for over engineering, the 30mins cut off for forced air intake is frustrating for urban dwellers. Also our std cars are spec by Daimler Benz Asia so they decide what is deemed ideal for SG.

they know sgmerc like to go BUKA BUKA over NSHW every "weekend" so feature given FOC! :D :D :D

Some times really KNN them, things like Thermotronics, auto boot closing, xenon should be standard.

hear hear :surrender:

• 2 months later...
Guest Catalyst

What a stupid design...I cant imagine when we are stuck in a jam n every 30 mins, we have to manually press the button.

I cant believe there is no other solutions...anyone??? :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest angela

It means that if you have any of the windows opened, you may press & hold the air-circulation mode button to wind up all/any of the windows/roof.

ooo, first post and already helping out ppl... will try this out later, thanks!

Guest sy69u

It means that if you have any of the windows opened, you may press & hold the air-circulation mode button to wind up all/any of the windows/roof.

ooo, first post and already helping out ppl... will try this out later, thanks!

alamak... willy, now then u know ah???? i knew it about 2 months ago, then 9339.... hahahahahahahahaha ....... bloody sua koo lah we all... hehehehe

Guest angela

alamak... willy, now then u know ah???? i knew it about 2 months ago, then 9339.... hahahahahahahahaha ....... bloody sua koo lah we all... hehehehe

its not our fault, i remember i read through the whole user manual of my w203 and found nothing like this... or so i can recall la, cuz i digested it 4 years ago...

but i tried it just now and it works! it works! damn fun... except that... when all 4 window go up it closes damn slow ley... slower than if i use the "lock" button on the remote to close the 4 windows at once...

Guest Protoss

This is something new! Must try later. Thks. :clap: