• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Got the e200 finally and a question

Guest manualisbetter

Guest manualisbetter

hihi...

finally collected the e200 from our PI after a prolonged wait of 5 mths (extended wait of 2 mths due to shipment delay). But well, with a OMV of 53k+ amid in the euro currency, i guess it is not too bad still..

but i have a question for those driving the same E model - does the MFD display the P 'Parking' brake symbol while on the drive? When i footparked brake it, then the P symbol is off.

I find it confusing... shouldn't it lighted up only when you have stepped on the footpark brake? Is it normal or the software is faulty?

Thanks.

YS

Guest lightning

manualisbetter wrote:

hihi...

finally collected the e200 from our PI after a prolonged wait of 5 mths (extended wait of 2 mths due to shipment delay). But well, with a OMV of 53k+ amid in the euro currency, i guess it is not too bad still..

but i have a question for those driving the same E model - does the MFD display the P 'Parking' brake symbol while on the drive? When i footparked brake it, then the P symbol is off.

I find it confusing... shouldn't it lighted up only when you have stepped on the footpark brake? Is it normal or the software is faulty?

Thanks.

YS

Congrats...bro...finally u got your new W212...was a little surprise that your SE from the PI did not explain the "Parking Guidance" for parallel parking function to you...

the "P" will come on when you are driving > 30km (I think so)...and it will scan for suitable parking space for you...either right or left and it will be indicated by an arrow next to the "P"....

suggest you look at the Owner's Manual to discover more interesting features about the new E-Class...happy reading... :whistle:

Guest manualisbetter

Thanks Lighting bro... i was checking in the manual hoping to find the explanation of the P symbol... somehow i did not see it.. This evening i will check it again with the key words "Parking Guidance".

Actually i did not know the car comes with this feature.. is it a standard feature? When booking the car, i only know it comes with the parktronic sensor for forward and reverse... now even has parallel parking sensor... LOL

actually my PI also struggle with the feature in the car. Juz today i managed to turn off the surrounding light settings after reading the manual.. this feature like telling everyone nearby the owner is coming to the car soon.. LOL

Guest Mark_twain88

The new E has alot of nice feature and you will need time to explore and optimise all these features!

For the first month of driving mine, I have to refer back to the manual once a while when I discovered new features!

Enjoy!

Mark

Hey Mark,

care to share the new features you discovered along the way?

Mark_twain88 wrote:

The new E has alot of nice feature and you will need time to explore and optimise all these features!

For the first month of driving mine, I have to refer back to the manual once a while when I discovered new features!

Enjoy!

Mark

Guest Mark_twain88

Sure! Found out quite a few "features" after driving my E250 for 2 months:

- Parking Guidance - Cool features but quite comfortable with parallel parking without looking at the instruction

- Very innovative Intelligent Lighting Systems - cornering, assisted high beam, etc - much nicer than the Philips HID that I installed on my previous W204

- Hidden system codes - enable bluetooth streaming

- Hill assist with HOLD function, even when stopped at the traffic light. No need to step on the brakes while waiting

- Left mirror auto turning down when reverse parking - similar to my previous BMW 523I

- Lots of compartment - big glove box with multimedia interface for iphone, additional car charger connection in the glove box + air con hole to cool drinks place inside the glovebox, compartment under front passenger seats that can put fire extinguisher and torchlight, etc

- Bluetooth synchronising phone contacts so I can browse for numbers directly with the steering wheels function keys

Still exploring more potential such as upgrading air filters, etc....

Enjoy!

Mark

lkh wrote:

Hey Mark,

care to share the new features you discovered along the way?

Guest manualisbetter

Sorry guys another question :( has anyone had already the experience removing the front left indicator light? Mine is not working now and workshop said need to down bumper and remove the headlight in order to check the LED assembly.. Is it true?

Manual said left head lamp set needs authorized workshop help.. Heart pain man...

Thanks.

Yesterday finally read through the booklet. No matter how i tried, cannot make the parking Guidance 'arrow' to show left and right??

The button "P" together with Rear Blind is for this feature correct? Why no led? dont know when is it turn on??

Mark_twain88 wrote:

- Parking Guidance - Cool features but quite comfortable with parallel parking without looking at the instruction

Not yet got to expressway or drive at night. But i noticed interior lights up when its dark..cool.

Mark_twain88 wrote:

- Very innovative Intelligent Lighting Systems - cornering, assisted high beam, etc - much nicer than the Philips HID that I installed on my previous W204

you mean stream phonelist? What else can be stream using the build-in BT?

Mark_twain88 wrote:

- Hidden system codes - enable bluetooth streaming

Got all my phonelist installed. Need to practice findinf the names.

Mark_twain88 wrote:

- Bluetooth synchronising phone contacts so I can browse for numbers directly with the steering wheels function keys

Guest Mark_twain88

For the Parking Guidance to "appear", you need to drive slowly on the straight road with parking space at your left side, and the parking sensors on your left will trace for space wide enough between 2 cars (or big pillars?).

If I am not wrong, you will need to put on the left turn signals before driving close to the left car park space so that the sensors will start to detect and highlight a suitable space for your parallel parking.

You don't have to press anything on the "P" or the rear blind.

As for the streaming, I meant streaming music from a handphone with music streaming capabilities over bluetooth. The default settings is Off for bluetooth music streaming, and the hidden code can On this, but seems not consistent.

Cheers,

Mark

Guest achtungbaby

I must admit the lighting switch was a little tad confusing at first..but got the hang of it now for my 250A..

I din understand the P= selection initially. Tot, it was meant for park lights or something by i guess it meant no lights at all for both twiches on P=..ha.

Got a question on the stop start button..like how many time shld u press before getting out of the car? I tried once and the light were still on but went of after awhile..but on another occasion while para pking outside on an overcast day..e lights din go out after we got back to e car like an hr ltr.

So now i press e button like 4 times just to be sure no lights are turned off no matter clear or overcast/evening light...

anyone to enlighten? tx.

Guest blackmercs

achtungbaby wrote:

I must admit the lighting switch was a little tad confusing at first..but got the hang of it now for my 250A..

I din understand the P= selection initially. Tot, it was meant for park lights or something by i guess it meant no lights at all for both twiches on P=..ha.

Got a question on the stop start button..like how many time shld u press before getting out of the car? I tried once and the light were still on but went of after awhile..but on another occasion while para pking outside on an overcast day..e lights din go out after we got back to e car like an hr ltr.

So now i press e button like 4 times just to be sure no lights are turned off no matter clear or overcast/evening light...

anyone to enlighten? tx.

u need to press once for stopping e car then once u open the door radio etc will cut off. As for exterior light will switch off after few seconds after u lock yr door.

• 2 months later...
Guest IEM3333

Yes, Since I found it here...

Is there a way for me to switch off the light totally...?? When I turn the selector to 'A' it does wat it does and stay on Auto...

I normally switch off the DRL as well... But the lights will come on when it senses itz too dark...

Is there a way for me to override this option to allow it to be off totally...?? Like in the S Klasse where there is a '0' postion I can select...

Guest blackmercs

IEM3333 wrote:

Is there a way for me to switch off the light totally...?? When I turn the selector to 'A' it does wat it does and stay on Auto...

I normally switch off the DRL as well... But the lights will come on when it senses itz too dark...

Is there a way for me to override this option to allow it to be off totally...?? Like in the S Klasse where there is a '0' postion I can select...

I think older models can but now they hv changed it. Y would u wanna switch off the light totally?

Guest kepiting1sg

IEM3333 wrote:

Bro Blackmercs is rite!

1. You can't switched off the lights totally and the best U can do is have the small city lights turned on only. This is useful when driving into car wash!

2. The earlier models have the usually OFF '0' mode but not current models.

3. The DRL has 2 light intensity mode and is the brightest during the day when the head lights are not turned on.

The DRLs are dimmed when the headlights are turned on.

That could explained even when U switched off the DRL, they still appear but in lower light density when the headlamps are turn on.

If U dun like the DRLs, I believe lots of guy here would take it off your hand and buy U fog lights instead...hehehe!:becky:

Guest IEM3333

blackmercs wrote:

I think older models can but now they hv changed it. Y would u wanna switch off the light totally?

I wanna go Sealth mode into dark car parks... Sometimes you need to shut off all lights to blend in...

Guest kepiting1sg

IEM3333 wrote:

I wanna go Sealth mode into dark car parks... Sometimes you need to shut off all lights to blend in...

Some black vinyl sticky tapes would help!

If U wanna give your DRLs away, there will be lots of taker.....hehehe! :becky:

Guest blackmercs

IEM3333 wrote:

Muahahaha mission impossible arh!! Car parks or Park?? Single or married?? Married get a second car with mission kakies!! If still single who cares, life is short!!!

Guest IEM3333

kepiting1sg wrote:

Some black vinyl sticky tapes would help!

If U wanna give your DRLs away, there will be lots of taker.....hehehe! :becky:

Wahahha, Vinyl tapes wont do... The LEDs on this fellow is powerful... I had intentions to sell the DRL away and replace them with the Straight ones... I will keep the guys here posted if I should do it...

Blackmerc> I downgrade in term of space, I use to move around in an Alphard where can do Hindu movie inside... whahahah.... Second car is smaller than this, so I think I will juz have to bring those deed somewhere else...

Guest lightning

IEM3333 wrote:

Wahahha, Vinyl tapes wont do... The LEDs on this fellow is powerful... I had intentions to sell the DRL away and replace them with the Straight ones... I will keep the guys here posted if I should do it...

Blackmerc> I downgrade in term of space, I use to move around in an Alphard where can do Hindu movie inside... whahahah.... Second car is smaller than this, so I think I will juz have to bring those deed somewhere else...

why waste $$ to change to another DRL when you dun even use it? :shocked:

Guest IEM3333

lightning wrote:

why waste $$ to change to another DRL when you dun even use it? :shocked:

Ermmm, sorry if you misunderstood me... I have nv mention about not using it... Im juz asking if I could turn the lights off entirely...

Sincere apologies if I have in any way offended you about the DRL thingy...

I doing it straight juz for the good looks...

Guest lightning

IEM3333 wrote:

Ermmm, sorry if you misunderstood me... I have nv mention about not using it... Im juz asking if I could turn the lights off entirely...

Sincere apologies if I have in any way offended you about the DRL thingy...

I doing it straight juz for the good looks...

No worries bro...no offense done.....I m commenting strictly on the practical point of view...pls come to join us at the mthly gtg this Sunday at kallang so we all can share ideas...cheers :whistle:

Guest sanity2010

Hey Bro,

You can switch it off using the system menu under "lighting". Its a hassle because can't turn it off using a switch.

IEM3333 wrote:

Guest kepiting1sg

IEM3333 wrote:

Urban gureilla warfare arh....muhahahah!

Alphard probably got also massachee chairs also hor.....hehehe!

Cum & do your deeds here at Pleasure Island lah!

For your DRL - put it here for lelong - sure got kakies!

If not then put in on eBay lol :lol: and post the link here.