• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Boot not able to open

Guest Cklasse

Guest Cklasse

Anyone has this problem of boot not able to open when the boot switch or handle or key is pressed.

I can hear the sound of the lock mechanism moving but the lock is not disengaged. It has happened twice over a period of time.

Is there any lubricating point other than the catch area? ???

Okie.. I sat on the boot of my w203 once... and just for fun i thought i'll press the unlock button of the key just to see what happens.. there was a loud repeated releasing of the lock mechanism over and over again, and i jumped down.. after that i opened it, and it looked ok.. but now when i close it, it has to be harder.. :( no more the same boot no more.. :'(

btw cklasse, the lock mechanism, if it doesn't disengage, wont it try to unlock several times?

Guest Cklasse

Here's what happened.

Pressed key, boot unlock mechanism moved (with sound) once but boot did not unlock (catch still engaged).

My observation is it is likely to be a stiff machanism that needs lubrication, but I can't see the machanism other than the catch. I do not want to squirt some oil into the catch assembly in case there is an electrical component inside.

Anyone knows how the loack mechanism works? There should be an electrical component to relaease the catch.

Guest kepiting1sg

Here's what happened.

Pressed key, boot unlock mechanism moved (with sound) once but boot did not unlock (catch still engaged).

My observation is it is likely to be a stiff machanism that needs lubrication, but I can't see the machanism other than the catch. I do not want to squirt some oil into the catch assembly in case there is an electrical component inside.

Anyone knows how the loack mechanism works? There should be an electrical component to relaease the catch.

Read this thread in the mbworld forum - seems like the lock is operated by a motor. Think best U go & see Kelvin!

http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=212561&highlight=boot+open

Guest mekenics

agree with unker batam....

my ICE shop kept my boot open for extended periods during installs & the boot lighting went off after 30mins approx, they used a screwdriver to reset the boot lid catch for the lights to come on again!

repeated it a few times now the catch a bit crazy... sometimes close boot must slam a bit harder for the catch to bite! :-[