• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Lions Befrienders/Lions Home for the Elder

Guest sleephead6

Guest sleephead6

Hi All,

I apologize for not being an active member. I did participate in a charity event once organized by you guys..

Honestly I do think we can consider ourselves fortunate to afford a mercs vs many out there..

I was approached by a Lions member and I offered to help her look for more kind hearts:

So if anyone of you would like to help:

Join Flag Day Lions Befrienders/Lions Home for the Elder on 21.8.2010 & Lions Befriending Walk on 25.9.2010

As you had agreed, our priority now is to get your friends to help us on our join flag day of Lions Befrienders and Lions Home for the Elders to collect donations from the public at City Hall area to sell flags on 21.8.2010. (Sat) from 9am to 5pm.

Kindly scan their ICs and your IC and email us so that our Charter President cum treasurer Lion Maria Boey can collect Certificates of Authority and the tins for them to go into public places to ask for donations. [email protected]

=> I will be selling flags with my friends on that day. I am trying to get more people more her..

As for the next event, will one of the committee members take up a collection drive or perhaps volunteer to drive the old folks etc?

The organiser: Katherine Tan

HP: 90238565/96549265, email [email protected]

Lion Katherine Tan

President Lions Club

Of Singapore Culture

Singapore Kindness Movement

Kindness Ambassador representing

Kreta Ayer Constituency

Charter President/Club Coach/

Club Advisor Bukit Merah CCTMC

Sponsor Joo Chiat Culture TMC

Sponsor/Immediate Past President/

Club Coach/Treasurer

PMTA Mandarin Toastmasters Club

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Extracted from her email to me:

Let me briefly introduce this year’s Befriending Walk as per below:-

‘Walk Beside Me’ is a simple step which can bring boundless love and warmth to our seniors. The aim of the Befriending Walk 2010 is to encourage family bonding with senior folks and to create public awareness of lonely seniors in our community. The “Walk Beside Me” theme emphasizes the point that no elderly should walk alone nor be deprived of family bond.

Befriending Walk 2010 will be held on 25 September 2010 (Sat) at Admiralty Park at 7.30 am. It is jointly organised by Lions Befrienders (LB) and Republic Polytechnic. We are honoured to have invited Mr K Shanmugan, Minister for Law and Second Minister for Home Affairs as the Guest-of-Honour for the event.

Together with the Guest-of-Honour, we want to bring cheers and warmth to your residents in your District and to family members and friends. We aim to inculcate care and love for the seniors. We expect to draw at least 1,500 people to the walk and hope you could give us your strongest support in encouraging and helping your family members and friends develop the positive mind and health through the event.

For your residents who wish to walk with their family members and friends they are required to pay $10 each.

The registration fee is $10.00 which includes snack, souvenir and lucky draw. We sincerely hope that you could assist us by promoting and selling the event tickets in your CC, RCs and to your various interest groups in your CC should you have contact with the RC or CC Chairman. May I know which Constituency are you staying?

The details of the event are as follows:

Date : 25 September 2010 (Sat)

Time : 7.30 am – 11.30 am

Venue : Admiralty Park (next to the Republic Polytechnic)

Programme : Leisure Walk

Record Breaking Ceremony

Dazzling Peformance

Educational Exhibition

Attached Befriending Walk poster.

You may wish to know that the net proceeds from the project would go towards enhancing the total well being of lonely seniors at three Lions Befrienders Neighbourhood Links/Seniors Activity Centres.

We look forward to your support and partnership in helping our seniors live meaningful and dignified lives.

About Lions Befrienders

Lions Befrienders Service Association (Singapore) is a voluntary welfare organisation set up in 1995. Our mission is to aid in the social, psycho-emotional and physical well-being of lonely seniors through community participation.

Since our inception in 1995, we have trained more than 3,000 volunteers and helped more than 12,000 seniors through our Befriending and Outreach Programmes.

Please approach the elderly, residents with their family members and friends in your Constituency and your own family members and friends to participate in this event which they will greatly enjoy.

Please feel free to contact me at HP: 90238565/96549265 or email me at [email protected] should you have any queries.

Early bird Befriending Walk tickets per ticket at $10 each will be given a complimentary bottle of 400ml shampoo cum conditioner on a first come, first serve basis and while stock lasts. Hurry; please do not miss out this attractive offer.

As you had agreed, our priority now is to get your friends to help us on our join flag day of Lions Befrienders and Lions Home for the Elders to collect donations from the public at City Hall area to sell flags on 21.8.2010. (Sat) from 9am to 5pm. Kindly scan their ICs and your IC and email us so that our Charter President cum treasurer Lion Maria Boey can collect Certificates of Authority and the tins for them to go into public places to ask for donations.

Our Charter President Lion Maria Boey and our Membership Chairman Lion Soon See Cheong and I will hope that you, your charming wife and your friends to consider joining us as member of our Lions Club of Singapore Culture so that we can do meaningful projects together. Membership per year to join our Club is $250.

Looking forward to your positive reply as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

We Serve,

Lion Katherine Tan

President Lions Club

Of Singapore Culture

Singapore Kindness Movement

Kindness Ambassador representing

Kreta Ayer Constituency

Charter President/Club Coach/

Club Advisor Bukit Merah CCTMC

Sponsor Joo Chiat Culture TMC

Sponsor/Immediate Past President/