• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Xenon light

Guest Cklasse

Guest Cklasse

Think the poison is surfacing in me again.......I find that my xenon light is still yellowish (although not so yellow as a halogen) when I am beside some cars having those "diamond vision" halogen light.

What kind of bulb rating must I get and how and where to get so that my xenon can be whiter. Mine is a W203.

White with a slight blue tint. Best in my opinion and thats what I am using too for W203.

Any higher and you will spot some purplish tint. Too bright I find. Any lower and there will be yellowish tint. Not nice also.

Just my 2 cents :P

Hi...I've just fitted a 6000K Xenon bulb for my ride.

IMHO, anything beyond 4300K(OEM), you may loose its penetration level especially during heavy downpours etc. Thats why I've choosen 6000K bcose I wanted it to be "Pure" white...actually more for its comestic looks than performance wise.

You can buy the bulb at Autobaccs, currently on offer at $160 per pair(cheap) Korean made...otherwise if you prefer the top notch type, Philips Ultinon 6000K is the best. Price $280 per set. your choice really...

You do not need to reset your computer when changing your bulbs.

Cheers! ;)

8000k.....is it just a matter of swapping the bulb for xenon light or must there be any setting to the computer again?

Yeah no need setting to computer. I got from Autobacs like what BebeBenz said..cheaper.

Guest kepiting1sg

Think the poison is surfacing in me again.......I find that my xenon light is still yellowish (although not so yellow as a halogen) when I am beside some cars having those "diamond vision" halogen light.

What kind of bulb rating must I get and how and where to get so that my xenon can be whiter. Mine is a W203.

8000K is the way to go!

I was told that my original projector type is only 6500K.

What type of Xenons you have now?

Is yours the projector head lamps type?

If yes, MBM and Benzline should have the 8000K bulbs for you.

• 2 weeks later...

bro,

head down to MBM...they'll have the whiter version.

i'm currently using one set from them, though mine is not projecter headlamp.

you can just change the bulbs....and yes, keep the original ones.

IMHO, 8000k will really be too blue.

anything in the region of 5000/6000 will be white enough.

normally original ones is about 4500K.

;D

• 5 months later...
Guest Cklasse

It seems that the Philips 4000k xenon bulb is running out of stock in quite a few places, none in Autobac and MBM.

MBM has a 6000k bulb though and I am thinking should I change to that.

Just want to know has anyone pass his inspection with a 6000k light?

Guest jenvid

It seems that the Philips 4000k xenon bulb is running out of stock in quite a few places, none in Autobac and MBM.

Have u tried TyeHong @ waterloo & Pin Liang for bulbs ? u can get OEM Korean ones (80~90 per pc) at 1 street before desker road. cant remember the shop name. It is near the coffee shop

Guest kepiting1sg

Benzline told me that my OEM H.I.Ds are fitted with 6500K bulbs.

I've passed my inspection last year without problem.