• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Repairing Electric parts of my W140

Guest sunnytang7788

Guest sunnytang7788

Dear All,

I need to repair the followings in my W140 (1993 version pre-facelift) and appreciate advised where I can do it economically:

1. The electric seat button on the driver's side is broken, glueing back is only a temp solution as it always keep coming out. Not the memory version.

2. The back inclining and heat rest of electric seat on the front passenger are not functioning, it can now only moved front and back.

3. The rear sunshade and driver side window button are sunk in and needs to be fixed back to the original position.

4. The rear headrest funtion no longer funtioning, the vaccum pump not sure is spoilt or cable loose.

5. The rear central light is not funtioning 100%, sometimes it can be lighted while not 100%. I understand it is the contact may be loose due to the sponge that is already old, I tried to put another sponge to tighten the contact but still not effective.

My current mechanic is good only for the engine part, thus I need a good workshop to fix the above electric stuffs and not sure if spare parts are available.

Appreciate you can recommend a good workshop. If you are the workshop, you can PM me.

Many thanks.

Cheers

Sunny

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest YEN96

wow. rare car now. W140 nickname big water cow hahaa....

SMS me if u need any spare parts for Mercedes Benz! If u have the part numbers better still.

9362 3352

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...