• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Garmin GPS, DVD, DTV, RC, USB on your stk screen!!

Guest kepiting1sg

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi guys,

Wanna share my recent mods!

Though it's on my Audi A4 stk 6.5" TFT screen, I was told it's

applicable to Merc too.

This is especially for Merc stock color LCD screen & with an auxilliary input. eg. the W204, late FL W211 Audi 20 with color LCD screen

& off course those with Command.

AutoSpritze did my mods by adding an after market designed Multi Media Interface for my A4 (available for Merc models too) between the input to the screen & the stk screen.

Then they added the following:- Garmin GVN53 GPS, Digital TV, DVD Player with USB input for audio or video, Reverse Camera, iPod Charging Dock with audio & video output to the stk sound system.

I've steering control in changing the different screens & volume adjustsment too.

GPS sound is independent using it stk speaker thus do not disturb the other inputs and U can listen to your music while navigating.

The mods do not cut up your stk wirings and use only the auxilliary input

in your sound system.

I m very please with the mods cos I was never able to do it with my previous FL W211 Audio 20 without LCD screen or an auxilliary in.

If your Merc has a color LCD screen with auxilliary input - U are in business!:becky:

BTW I have no business association with AS but a very satisfied customer.

For pricing:- click on this link to VAGSG AS Commercial Ad.

After market Multi Media Interface Prcing by AS

The Garmin GVN53 Black Box size is small 4.7"W x 1.18"H x .4.6"D located at my left front passenger kick panel

GVN53c.jpg?t=1268579592

The familiar Garmin GPS Start Screen

GVN53a.jpg?t=1268579934

A typical GPS Map View - Turn by turn & TTS (Text To Speech) Available.

GPS Audio is by it's own speaker box.

This way U can still listen to music with the stk system still has GPV Navigation at the same time.

GVN53b.jpg?t=1268580023

Digital TV reception & picture quality is pretty good especially on open highway even at 100km/hr or some open mscp - CNA, TV5, TV8 & a test station.

DTV.jpg?t=1269528734

Reverse Camera from Alpine - Picture quality actually looks better than in the photo - Very clear!

RC.jpg?t=1269528542

iPhone/iPod Dock - charger & capable to play music through the car stk sound system or play movies thru the stock screen. (My own dock & cables)

MMIb.jpg?t=1268580844

Playing Songs or Movies from USB drive

MMIc.jpg?t=1268580917

My little son watching his Ultraman DVD

MMIa.jpg?t=1268580978

DVD.jpg?t=1269528817

Guest blackmercs

Wow sibei happening, how much is the charges like to get all these goodies into my ride? Now i can park my car at the park and watch japan AV liao!!! Seriously, still no karaoke thingy? Orh, for video screen do they have pic in pic, so that i watch AV on one screen and the other screen on the reverse cam?

Guest kepiting1sg

blackmercs wrote:

Wow sibei happening, how much is the charges like to get all these goodies into my ride? Now i can park my car at the park and watch japan AV liao!!! Seriously, still no karaoke thingy? Orh, for video screen do they have pic in pic, so that i watch AV on one screen and the other screen on the reverse cam?

Bro Peter,

Check out this link for rough estimation of prices.

Best drop by AutoSpritze to enquire!

Kala Okay can do if U want.

As long as U happy & song....muhahaha!

After market Multi Media Interface Prcing by AS

Autospritze (Wee Heng Accessories)

Ah Boon or Ah Wee

115 Eunos Ave 3

Guest bbwannabe

Hmm... should work for the W204, W212 and newer.

W211 FL should work too but it will not have controls (I think). As it only has a video input but no MMI for controls.

Additionally, some factory added COMAND APS do not come with the Green Farka connector (behind) required for video input. Retrofitted one sure have the Green Farka connector.

Guest bbwannabe

bbwannabe wrote:

Hmm... should work for the W204, W212 and newer.

W211 FL should work too but it will not have controls (I think). As it only has a video input but no MMI for controls.

Additionally, some factory added COMAND APS do not come with the Green Farka connector (behind) required for video input. Retrofitted one sure have the Green Farka connector.

correct myself! i just thought of a possibility. those who own a very late edition of W211 might be able to use the upgrade. If I am not mistaken, if you were given the updated Audio 20, Audio 50, and COMAND then it would be possible to use the system. since they came with MMI later on.

if you were wondering if you had the later version, just see the screen colour. if it is predominately bluish, it is the old one, orangish, it is the new one.

Guest kepiting1sg

bbwannabe wrote:

correct myself! i just thought of a possibility. those who own a very late edition of W211 might be able to use the upgrade. If I am not mistaken, if you were given the updated Audio 20, Audio 50, and COMAND then it would be possible to use the system. since they came with MMI later on.

if you were wondering if you had the later version, just see the screen colour. if it is predominately bluish, it is the old one, orangish, it is the new one.

U are right sayang!....hehehehe!:becky:

That's why Unker said newer version or late edition W211 that cums with the color screen lah!

Guest Gasman

kepiting1sg wrote:

That's why Unker said newer version or late edition W211 that cums with the color screen lah!

Mine is the late W211 NGT... comes with color screen

I think ALL NGT models come with color screen (audio 20)

• Like 1

Guest kepiting1sg

Gasman wrote:

Mine is the late W211 NGT... comes with color screen

I think ALL NGT models come with color screen (audio 20)

If you have the color screen, it's very likely you can do the same mods that I did.

The after mkt MMI (Multi Media Interface) they will provide you will has to have the same plug to your current screen i.e your current plug to your screen will be plugged into the after mkt MMI and the MMI plug will plug into your screen.

For sound, they will use your current auxillairy input while for the GPS, it will come with it's own speaker.

This way U can have the GPS doing navigation while you can still listen to music or radio from your Audio 20.

When the can plug into the aft mkt MMI

1. Garmin GPS with RBG cable

2. DTV (Digital TV)

3. DVD with USB input to play songs or video from your usb source

4. Reverse Camera with built in parking guiding lines from the MMI

5. Playing iPod/iPhone music & video (No on screen control) i.e control

are from the iPod/iPhone - similar to playing to the aux input & also charging.

6. Carputer

7. Anything that as AV outputs

Cheers!

Guest NewC180

Unker, can fit in my 5? COE sky high now so I LL mod my old 5 cos bo lui to change new 5. Sigh....

Can add Bluetooth interface like the one in the W204? BT in the W204 is real good.

Guest bbwannabe

kepiting1sg wrote:

pai sei lah! haha...

NewC180 wrote:

Unker, can fit in my 5? COE sky high now so I LL mod my old 5 cos bo lui to change new 5. Sigh....

Can add Bluetooth interface like the one in the W204? BT in the W204 is real good.

Ya agreed that the W204 BT is the best.....

Am looking for something same as this for mine 2005 W211.....

Someone please help.....

Guest kepiting1sg

NewC180 wrote:

Bro heng,

KNS! Lui boh sia wan!.....Unker cannot hear those $$$ U kept:becky:

For the aft mkt mmi should be no problem for your 5.

Too bad Fiscon got BT for Merc, Audi, VW, Skoda but none for Bimmer.

Drop by AutoSpritze and see what they can do for U.

I believe they have other options for BT integration solution.

Maybe can chk with Pin Liang whether their dension gateway 500 can be solution for your BT c/w iPod

Dension Gateway 500

Guest kepiting1sg

9339 wrote:

Ya agreed that the W204 BT is the best.....

Am looking for something same as this for mine 2005 W211.....

Someone please help.....

Bro randy,

I think I told U before can try Fiscon for full BT intergrattion for your W211.

I did that for my Q5 and I got everything same as the oem BT, screen displays & steering control + additional BT audio streaming.

Fiscon BT

Guest NewC180

kepiting1sg wrote:

Bro heng,

KNS! Lui boh sia wan!.....Unker cannot hear those $$$ U kept:becky:

For the aft mkt mmi should be no problem for your 5.

Too bad Fiscon got BT for Merc, Audi, VW, Skoda but none for Bimmer.

Drop by AutoSpritze and see what they can do for U.

I believe they have other options for BT integration solution.

Maybe can chk with Pin Liang whether their dension gateway 500 can be solution for your BT c/w iPod

Dension Gateway 500

Bo lui so bo sia, that's why you tia bo! Haha!

Thanks for the great info, will check them out soon..

kepiting1sg wrote:

Bro randy,

I think I told U before can try Fiscon for full BT intergrattion for your W211.

I did that for my Q5 and I got everything same as the oem BT, screen displays & steering control + additional BT audio streaming.

Fiscon BT

Yes uncle....

was quoted $800 before install, do you know what's will be the installation cost ?

Thank you Uncle.....

Great info.

Guest kepiting1sg

9339 wrote:

Yes uncle....

was quoted $800 before install, do you know what's will be the installation cost ?

Thank you Uncle.....

Great info.

Bro Randy,

Why not U download the instal manual & show it to MBM.

I think they might have to code your ECU to integrate it.