• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

LEDs for Car Plate

Guest OKL

Finally...yes finally the lights for my w203 are all white! :laugh:

The part hardest to find which is the license plate portion can now be changed at your favourite MBM. No error message, no over heating no nothing.

Stock just arrived and I guess they left with like 3 sets at the moment. No worries as heard there will definitely be new stocks coming. $150 including installation. (2 bulbs)

This I suppose is what a lot of people have been waiting for....

:)

Can someone post some picture here bo? One of my licence number bulbs blew over the weekend....poison me.

i just did mine today inside out all white light ;D will post pic soon when i get the chance to take some.

Guest kepiting1sg

Can someone post some picture here bo? One of my licence number bulbs blew over the weekend....poison me.

i just did mine today inside out all white light ;D will post pic soon when i get the chance to take some.

Last meetup, our resident Aircraft Mekanic Engineer swapped his interior white lights for me.

Does yours have the "ambient light" that is on all the time when you are driving the car?

Looks like the next trip to MBM is to do the licence plate white light liao! ;D

Your mods done liao???? ;)

For those who are curious about interior white lights...here it is...

Center

31102007044.jpg

Vanity

31102007054.jpg

Door

31102007047.jpg

Have already experiment with all the lightings including undercarriage but taken off cos it spoils easily

;)

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi,

Where did you get the LEDs for the map reading lights and vanity light?

Does your front & back LED lights has ambient light i.e a few rows are lighted up

all the time?

Who did all the interior white lights for you?

I wanna take the posion!

Please gip it to me please! ;D

Hi,

Where did you get the LEDs for the map reading lights and vanity light?

Does your front & back LED lights has ambient light i.e a few rows are lighted up

all the time?

Who did all the interior white lights for you?

I wanna take the posion!

Please gip it to me please! ;D

I did the vanity and map reading lights at Autobacs. MBM should be able to do the center portion as Autobacs use the Luxer brand which is the same as what MBM is using. My car does not have the ambient light during driving, I suppose you talking about the lights that the E class is spoting?

The single bulb for the front left and right, as well as the vanity portion, I m not sure MBM have though...

I would recommend you drop by MBM first as only they can do the licence plate portion. So get MBM to try to do up all the lights you want. After that should there be anything else then pop by Autobacs for the rest. ;)

P.S Almost forgot to mention the boot area too. :P

thanks for sharing, any indication on pricing for changing those bulbs?

Had a check on my receipt dated April this year. Each cost around 30 bucks. I have the code names but I have no idea what it means.

Alpha02w White LED Blub - $32

Alpha-01w WH LED RM Blb - $30

Alpha-01w-41 WH LED Blb - $28

Labour - $2

Guess alpha is the brand...I let Autobacs change the interior lights for me.

Hope it helps. :)

thanks OKL, for sharing those pricings on the bulbs.

Those are for all the internal lightings right?

May I ask what was the undercarriage lighting that you tried? Is it one of those long tube design ones?

thanks OKL, for sharing those pricings on the bulbs.

Those are for all the internal lightings right?

May I ask what was the undercarriage lighting that you tried? Is it one of those long tube design ones?

Yup those prices are for the internal lighting from Autobacs.

The undercarriage lights are the long neon lights in tube form yes. The price I cant recall but should be around $200+- plus installation. I did that from Poh Heng (well known to chop people) at Short Street near Sim Lim Sq. Workmanship not bad la nothing to complain.

neon.jpg

They secure using cable tie and it breaks easily. Comes with a switch mounted below the steering wheel portion for On and Off. Not really recommended as it lasted probably around 4 months only.

I just did it for the heck of it. :P

• 3 weeks later...

The undercarriage lights are the long neon lights in tube form yes. The price I cant recall but should be around $200+- plus installation. I did that from Poh Heng (well known to chop people) at Short Street near Sim Lim Sq. Workmanship not bad la nothing to complain.

neon.jpg

They secure using cable tie and it breaks easily. Comes with a switch mounted below the steering wheel portion for On and Off. Not really recommended as it lasted probably around 4 months only.

cool neons btw.. you mentioned it lasted 4mths? now spoil? did u discard them?

• 2 weeks later...

neon.jpg

cool neons btw.. you mentioned it lasted 4mths? now spoil? did u discard them?

Due to the low ride, it broke and I removed them all

:)