• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Careful driving in Malaysia - New trick

Guest angela

New trick in M'sia Car Jacking

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This message is to alert those of you who may be driving to Malaysia for short trips. Travel by all means and have a pleasurable outing.

Be extra careful and avoid getting into trouble.Alert all car owners, especially those who drive to Malaysia this is the new trick of car jacking!!!

BEWARE OF PAPER AT THE BACK GLASS OF YOUR VEHICLE

NEW WAY TO DO CAR JACKING (NOT A JOKE!!!)

Heads up everyone. Please, keep this circulating...

You walk across the parking lot, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine and shift into Reverse. When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your parking space, you notice a piece of paperstuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you shift into Park, unlock your

doors, and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is)

that is obstructing your view.

When you reach the back of your car, that is when the car hacker appears out of nowhere, jumps ! into your car and take off. They practically mow you down as they speed off in your car. And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car. So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just drive away.

Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you read this e-mail.

I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to

women.

A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identification

documents, and you certainly do NOT want these to fall into the wrong

hands.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest fruitcakepablohoney

trust me these trick were used by SIngaporean probably 30 years ago. hahahahah

just that we forgotten or we not born yet that is why we don't know.

As for me for sure not born yet as i am only 23 now.

keke..23 at heart mah,just like me! ;)

usually i walk around the car before i drive off (thats provided im not rushing). just to see if there are any scratches or dents. if rushing, reach destination den check car.

it's a pity it's becoming a cowboy-town of sorts ... i gave up driving in when i got the Merc but loved the drives up/down the NSH in my Volvo then ... hmmm

in any countries one can encounter the odd criminals .. but when even the police gets into the act ... aiyoh ...

>:(

Guest Cklasse

usually i walk around the car before i drive off (thats provided im not rushing). just to see if there are any scratches or dents. if rushing, reach destination den check car.

it's a pity it's becoming a cowboy-town of sorts ... i gave up driving in when i got the Merc but loved the drives up/down the NSH in my Volvo then ... hmmm

in any countries one can encounter the odd criminals .. but when even the police gets into the act ... aiyoh ...

>:(

Ras, join us for the Penang trip and you can enjoy your Merc in NS highway.

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Here's another trick?

Maybe YOU should also check what's stated in the receipt? Just a short story to remind you guys to collect your

receipt after filling petrol in Malaysia. no matter what part of Malaysia you are in. Just Be Reminded.

While queuing at the customs for our turn to stamp our passports to go back to S'pore, 2 Malay guys wearing Esso polo tees, probably from the station where I filled my tank, approached us a! nd told us that we did not pay for our petrol (pls note I've already handed our passports to the custom officer).

Of cos we told him we paid but the Malay guy asked me for receipt which I can't produce since i don't normally ask from the counter.

Hearing that, the officer, while holding the passports,refused to let us go unless we settle the payment. Even after

telling them so many times that we paid, they don't let us go, and asked 1 of us to follow them back to check the CCTV. Of cos we didn't agree and told th officer to let all of us go back together to check He said yes, but has to leave the passports with him as he claimed that he had already stamped one of our passports. Rubbish! cos we didn't see him stamp anything. In the end, my fren, who was rushing back to Singapore decided t! o just pay them 'again' and end the problem. The two g! uys look ed happy as if the trip to look for us at the customs paid off. In the end, I paid them 62RM when I only pumped 56.50 RM worth of synergy F1 petrol.After that, the 2 guys walked to the officer's booth and shake hands with the officer and the senior, happily. In front of us man.....it appears that the staffs at the petrol station will informed those pople waiting at the customs if they noticed anyone leaving the station without the receipt. So bros and sis, pls rem ember to collect your receipt when paying for anything, yes anything there. Who knows what story they may

have next time. Don't give these ppl a chance to earn bonus.

Guest millionmilebenz

Jeff Keng ]

Here' wrote:

Man, that is despicable! Sorry to hear about your bad experience, Jeff.

All that said, let us remember that NOT ALL Malaysians are bad. I'm sure each of us have met friendly and gracious brothers/sisters from our Northen Neighbor during our visits there - those who gave way to us on the NS Highway, help us with directions, or even just by being friendly and welcoming. I would say the overwhelming majority of Malaysians are very nice people, including our MYBENZ brothers who are in this forum :). It's just that we do stick out like a sore thumb and attract the wrong type of attention. Anyway, unscrupulous elements are present in every society and we have to beware, including in SGP.

Safe Driving and Safe Trip to all who travel!

Jeff Keng ]

Here' wrote:

Maybe YOU should also check what's stated in the receipt? Just a short story to remind you guys to collect your

receipt after filling petrol in Malaysia. no matter what part of Malaysia you are in. Just Be Reminded.

While queuing at the customs for our turn to stamp our passports to go back to S'pore, 2 Malay guys wearing Esso polo tees, probably from the station where I filled my tank, approached us a! nd told us that we did not pay for our petrol (pls note I've already handed our passports to the custom officer).

Of cos we told him we paid but the Malay guy asked me for receipt which I can't produce since i don't normally ask from the counter.

Hearing that, the officer, while holding the passports,refused to let us go unless we settle the payment. Even after

telling them so many times that we paid, they don't let us go, and asked 1 of us to follow them back to check the CCTV. Of cos we didn't agree and told th officer to let all of us go back together to check He said yes, but has to leave the passports with him as he claimed that he had already stamped one of our passports. Rubbish! cos we didn't see him stamp anything. In the end, my fren, who was rushing back to Singapore decided t! o just pay them 'again' and end the problem. The two g! uys look ed happy as if the trip to look for us at the customs paid off. In the end, I paid them 62RM when I only pumped 56.50 RM worth of synergy F1 petrol.After that, the 2 guys walked to the officer's booth and shake hands with the officer and the senior, happily. In front of us man.....it appears that the staffs at the petrol station will informed those pople waiting at the customs if they noticed anyone leaving the station without the receipt. So bros and sis, pls rem ember to collect your receipt when paying for anything, yes anything there. Who knows what story they may

have next time. Don't give these ppl a chance to earn bonus.

thanks so much for the tip... never would i have expected this.. lucky that day after go kart i took reciept...