• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Anyone here interested to go Sepang to burn your carbon?

Guest angela

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging from the last GTG Monday evening, i'm pretty sure victor & CBlack would wanna push their A4 and soon-to-be Brabus-kitted W204 respectively to the limits at Sepang instead of the parking lot at 1 degree 15 LOL ;D

If there's enough interest, the possibility of doing a group 'Advance Driving Course' (supervised by a certified instructor) would be greater.

According to my brother, the next available slot would be sometime in January 2008.

Will keep you guys posted on this ;)

cheers!

Guest speckie1

excellent, we need to gather at least 40 so that each cost will be low.

alternatively can join up with other track groups that go up to Sepang. There's Traction Circle and SG Trackies who go up quite often. Costs about RM300 per car for about 3 hours track time.

Guest speckie1

bro, we don't have to push our ride to 200km/hr on the track. even at 100km/hr also can.

hahaha...ok...no need 200km/h lah...but i think definitely can go abit faster than 100km/h, especially in the straights :)

If there's enough interest, the possibility of doing a group 'Advance Driving Course' (supervised by a certified instructor) would be greater.

Any more info about what the 'Advance Driving Course' is about?

It's easy for people to express interest, but you'd need a solid date if you want people to sign up, I easily have at least 10 friends who really want to go tracking, but they wouldn't be able to go if it's the wrong day. You could open the invitation to other forums if you want to get more participants.

Kompressor ]

JGoh ]

If there' wrote:

Any more info about what the ' wrote:

One of our friend from MYBenz (Malaysia Merc club) is a instructor at Sepang. We can always book the track and invite him to be our track instructor.

I guess the he can share with us how to handle our ride on road & track.

This will happen if only we have enough signup. min 40

Hi Kompressor.

Thanks for reply. I'd definitely be interested in this course. However, as with the others, I need advance notice with firm dates to be able to plan my travel schedule. Hope there'll be enough responses.

Cheers.

Guest millionmilebenz

I have 3 interested in going (myself included), to be confirmed pending the date.

My friends' rides are Saab 93 Aero and Audi A3 Turbo. For Sepang, I think the W126 better stay outside the track. ;D Unless they need a "safety car", haha! ;D ;D

I have 3 interested in going (myself included), to be confirmed pending the date.

My friends' rides are Saab 93 Aero and Audi A3 Turbo. For Sepang, I think the W126 better stay outside the track. ;D Unless they need a "safety car", haha! ;D ;D

talk about SAFETY CAR, we both can be the SAFETY CAR going @ 90km/h hahaha

• 4 weeks later...

Judging from the last GTG Monday evening, i'm pretty sure victor & CBlack would wanna push their A4 and soon-to-be Brabus-kitted W204 respectively to the limits at Sepang instead of the parking lot at 1 degree 15 LOL ;D

According to my brother, the next available slot would be sometime in January 2008.

Will keep you guys posted on this ;)

cheers!

GREAT! interested in the advanced driving as well as the track day. Btw, bmw has a driving course.. but for none bmw members.. need to pay $200-$400 more..

Guys

It is cancelled for now.

I will be very busy next 2 month and will not have the time to organise.

I will arrange in 2008 Q2.

Sorry for the inconvenience cause.

:'(:'(:'( oh no! i was hoping to go before end of this year.. bud nevermind. next year im sure it will be just as fun... Q2 kinda far away right? Q1 dun wan?

Lets see how after the CNY.

alright. btw.. if we were to go track.. i have no advanced driving experience... is there a course i can sign up for before hand? the bmw requires me to have at least 3 years experience before i can take part in their advanced driving course.. im 2 years 1mth experience liao and a *very keen learner* :D:D:D

Doesn't matter, I just went a few weeks ago, I only have 6 months of driving experience lol! It won't teach you how to track though, but you will learn lots of techniques that will improve your everyday driving and help you to be more equipped to avoid potential hazards on the road.

Do sign up, it's really fun as hell. You'll also never ever bring your car to PG after that, the track there really sucks.

Doesn't matter, I just went a few weeks ago, I only have 6 months of driving experience lol! It won't teach you how to track though, but you will learn lots of techniques that will improve your everyday driving and help you to be more equipped to avoid potential hazards on the road.

Do sign up, it's really fun as hell. You'll also never ever bring your car to PG after that, the track there really sucks.

how they let u in? like.. dont they check ur license or smt?

Guest speckie1

:'(:'(:'( oh no! i was hoping to go before end of this year.. bud nevermind. next year im sure it will be just as fun... Q2 kinda far away right? Q1 dun wan?

IMHO, end of the year is looking very unlikely. Sepang is quite fully booked now, plus the monsoon rains are coming. So it won't be as fun.

The first quarter next year is possible too, but most track afficionados start around March. Must check Sepang calendar.

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Hi all, TCC (traction circle club) has book Sepang on Monday 28th Jan 08 (1pm-7pm).

You're welcome to join them. They usually have a sign up just before it.

Btw, i'm new here. Hope to see you guys soon. Cheers all!

Hi all, TCC (traction circle club) has book Sepang on Monday 28th Jan 08 (1pm-7pm).

You're welcome to join them. They usually have a sign up just before it.

Btw, i'm new here. Hope to see you guys soon. Cheers all!

thanks for the info. will check it out..