• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Warning -Goodyear F1 Asymmetric sidewall found crack

Guest lightning

Guest lightning

For those who are using Goodyear F1 Asymmetric tires, my advice to you is to have them check. http://www.sgmerc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=126030#post126030

FYI, I went for the inspection today at City Tyres and BOTH of my front tires (3 mths old - 225/40/18) were found to have cracks. :Cry: :shocked: The Goodyear company has agreed to replace them FOC... :whistle:

lightning wrote:

For those who are using Goodyear F1 Asymmetric tires, my advice to you is to have them check. http://www.sgmerc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=126030#post126030

FYI, I went for the inspection today at City Tyres and BOTH of my front tires (3 mths old - 225/40/18) were found to have cracks. :Cry: :shocked: The Goodyear company has agreed to replace them FOC... :whistle:

was thkg to replace my F1 eagle to the F1 Asy but discover alot of same complain heard from other forums looks quite serious...... another quality problem.....

Guest lightning

xtrocious wrote:

Wah, I am also using Goodyear F1 Assymmetric :(

Question - can we (layman) spot these cracks or do we need to send our cars down to a tyre shop to check?

The cracks are found mainly on the inner side of the tyres, so they need to hoist up your car to check from the bottom...suggest you call up the Goodyear S'pore, to book an appointment with City Tyres at Sin Ming Autocare for inspection. Call up Simon Awe, the Business Mgr of Goodyear Sg at HP: 97554388. If your F1 Asy tyres were mfg in 2009 and size: 225/40/18, high chance there are cracks on them. Good luck...:whistle:

Guest xtrocious

lightning wrote:

The cracks are found mainly on the inner side of the tyres, so they need to hoist up your car to check from the bottom...suggest you call up the Goodyear S'pore, to book an appointment with City Tyres at Sin Ming Autocare for inspection. Call up Simon Awe, the Business Mgr of Goodyear Sg at HP: 97554388. If your F1 Asy tyres were mfg in 2009 and size: 225/40/18, high chance there are cracks on them. Good luck...:whistle:

Oh...like that ah :(

I am using 225/40/18 and 245/35/18...

Not sure when was the manufacturing date though...

Thanks bro - will call him up to check

Anyway, I just called the shop (KBS) from which I bought my rims and tyres - they said they are not aware of this issue nor has anyone made any complaint...

Said they will call me back (but I won't hold my breath) once they check with their management...

Guest lightning

xtrocious wrote:

Oh...like that ah :(

I am using 225/40/18 and 245/35/18...

Not sure when was the manufacturing date though...

Thanks bro - will call him up to check

Anyway, I just called the shop (KBS) from which I bought my rims and tyres - they said they are not aware of this issue nor has anyone made any complaint...

Said they will call me back (but I won't hold my breath) once they check with their management...

Bro...you collected your car and changed your rims/tyres late last year so most likely the mfg date is also 2009... I m also on staggered... but my rear 255/35/18 has no problem... for peace of mind better go for a check...FOC inspection anyway...free replacement if found to have cracks...:becky:

It was discussed quite extensively in the VW & Audi forum...believe also in the BMW forum... from what I read, it affect mainly 2 models, i.e. 225/40/18 and 235/35/19...the cracks are very thin (hairline) but you never know...let me know the outcome...:whistle:

Guest xtrocious

lightning wrote:

Bro...you collected your car and changed your rims/tyres late last year so most likely the mfg date is also 2009... I m also on staggered... but my rear 255/35/18 has no problem... for peace of mind better go for a check...FOC inspection anyway...free replacement if found to have cracks...:becky:

It was discussed quite extensively in the VW & Audi forum...believe also in the BMW forum... from what I read, it affect mainly 2 models, i.e. 225/40/18 and 235/35/19...the cracks are very thin (hairline) but you never know...let me know the outcome...:whistle:

Thanks bro

Guess what? KBS just called me back - they told me to send my car down for a free check anytime and they will replace the tyres for free if they find any cracks :)

Will probably do it next week - swamped with work this week :(

By the way, some Audi guys pump their tyres up to 42psi and they found them to be okay...

What pressure are you using for yours?

I think I am using 36psi for all my tyres

Guest xtrocious

lightning wrote:

i usually pump 220 - 230 kpa or 33 psi :whistle:

So my ride's harder than yours...hahah

Can't imagine pumping 42psi though - might as well be riding on beemer's flat runs already :P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kinky74

Hi guys there seems to be a crack in on front right tires...should i go to C&C for complaint and exchange or any particular place to have it change? oh mine is a agent car.

Guest Luci Ride

kinky74 wrote:

Hi guys there seems to be a crack in on front right tires...should i go to C&C for complaint and exchange or any particular place to have it change? oh mine is a agent car.

If it's supplied by C&C then yes pls do revert back to them immediately, however doubt they've supplied you said brand/model hence better to go back to shop whom you've purchased.

There's a few batches that are not up to par in terms of quality but however by & large there's equally more that are perfectly ok- was running on 2 sets before selling ride off (18') hence wondering what's all the fuss is about (kept checking approx once weekly & used it ROBUSTLY)