• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Feedback for Harmon Kardon Logic 7.0

Guest aspade

Normally I would not go for the factory fitted stereo because you can get aftermarket systems that are so much better and flexible based on your preference. However with the new generation of mercedes, they give you almost no hope of upgrading because of both the physical, wiring and electric integration with the car.

That's why I am considering the premium option of HK 7.0 as ICE my new car. It is currently pegged at an incredible S$3000, probably because you can't really buy it and fit it from other sources.

Seeking advise from forumers on the experiences of this ICE. Is this the best option for me ?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Guest 777kenny

Think that's a good option if you don't want ur brand new merc to be torn apart. I changed my front component speakers...then subsequently did SP to the front doors. Quite heart pain to see them striping the parts and panels apart (sometime by force) :o

Have not heard the sound of HK 7.0 before...but i'm satisfied with my so called ICE upgrade so far...total damage about $700 ;)

My future upgrade may be this...

http://pioneer.jp/carrozzeria/products/axm_p01/index.html

zoom.jpg

d06.jpg

Guest kepiting1sg

Normally I would not go for the factory fitted stereo because you can get aftermarket systems that are so much better and flexible based on your preference. However with the new generation of mercedes, they give you almost no hope of upgrading because of both the physical, wiring and electric integration with the car.

That's why I am considering the premium option of HK 7.0 as ICE my new car. It is currently pegged at an incredible S$3000, probably because you can't really buy it and fit it from other sources.

Seeking advise from forumers on the experiences of this ICE. Is this the best option for me ?

IMHO,

It's all depend on how discerning a listener you are.

However if you are into serious ICE, then you have to put aside a good budget for your instals

and plans towards it.

I have seen not only new E Class, S Class, SLK but also cars like Porsche & Ferrari doing their ICE @ our local installers.

Taking out all the new seats, new door panels, carpets, consoles, etc are part & parcel of ICE installation.

There are a few reputable ICE installers out there that you can trust not to scr$$wed up your new ride

while installing your ICE and putting everything back as if your ride has not been molested or raped ;D

BUT if you are that type of listener that wanna to have full steeering control of your ICE and doesn't wanna spend a bomb on ICE, doesn't wanna "tear up your new ride" to instal the ICE,

then I think HK 7.0 will suit you well.