• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Audio 20 6-Disc Changer Jam

Guest funng

6cd-changer on FL W211 show "CD error" then whole CD system gone..

seems like the no.4 disc is jammed and this resulted in whole system being jammed up. I presume need to unscrew the sides and take out the cover but I hesitant to DIY.

Anyone with similar experience? Something to do with using "self-burnt" CD-Rs or CDs from JB?

bros and sis' can advise place to work on it? was thinking of bringing down to MBM, but not sure if they will service audio related problem. Or bring to C&C just for warranty sake?

Cheers and Thanks in advance.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went for my first service at CnC last year and the advisor verbally "warn" me about using pirated and self burn CDs. If the CDs gets jammed the warranty will not cover. He went on to paste a red triangle sticker on my glove compartment as a "proof" that I had already been advise on this issue.

What is ridiculars is that he mentioned that it is best not to even put in CDs bought from overseas. But since you had not been "advised" you can perhaps head down to CnC.

Just provide some info so you know what to expect from CnC.

bbwannabe wrote:

hahahaha. that is damn funny. so what if i burn cds off i legitemately own? what are they going to do to me? hahahaha. stupid bunch

agreed.. siao nang...

so far only in my w202 c class i have pushed the CD changer in wrongly resulting in it being stuck permently, brought it back to an audio shop to get it pryed out..

in my friend's w220 s class his cd changer jamed before presumly due to some rough roads at high speed.. all we did was push the changer in and let the spring jerk it back out.. den after playing in out in out a few times and pressing the eject button the changer came out.. so you can try that if not bring to an audio shop it should come out rather quickly..

• 1 month later...
Guest xtrem

i still remember very clearly the day i collect my C class (2009 May model), my SE told me not to use pirated & self burn CD into the compartment for the sake of jamming up the system. Na bei, till now i dun dare to put other CD other then the first day i bought the 6 CD from Bon Jovi..............

Guest kepiting1sg

funng wrote:

6cd-changer on FL W211 show "CD error" then whole CD system gone..

seems like the no.4 disc is jammed and this resulted in whole system being jammed up. I presume need to unscrew the sides and take out the cover but I hesitant to DIY.

Anyone with similar experience? Something to do with using "self-burnt" CD-Rs or CDs from JB?

bros and sis' can advise place to work on it? was thinking of bringing down to MBM, but not sure if they will service audio related problem. Or bring to C&C just for warranty sake?

Cheers and Thanks in advance.

Hallo funng,

Hope U have your problem solved!

If not, U should go back to C&C since under warranty.

I've played burnt CDs on my previous FL W211 Audi 20

6 cd-changeer without problem.

Guest alumetal

Its been post in other Merc forum..... 2 ways to kill the Audio 20 :

1) load the CD up side down (wrong side)

2) forcefully push CD into Audio..... got to wait for the instruction from the set to be ready.

sigh....

Guest angela

alumetal wrote:

Its been post in other Merc forum..... 2 ways to kill the Audio 20 :

1) load the CD up side down (wrong side)

2) forcefully push CD into Audio..... got to wait for the instruction from the set to be ready.

sigh....

when my CD gets stuck in the front slot (single disc), ala i press eject button and can hear the motor grinding but no cd come out, i use another CD and push it in the slot..

after a while both will come out... make sure u do it gently, you don't want both CDs to be stuck inside...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest funng

hey all,

the CD changer just seemed to fix itself. after a big hoo-ha with SA about whether got pirated/self-CDRs inside, they removed the changer and wanted to send it to somewhere for checks. because would be without FM, refused to do it.

the thing is, after i got home with the CD changer (they supposedly just screwed and unscrewed back), i pressed the eject button for the disc and it just popped out! it was an original disc that was stuck, came out with a chipped edge. now i dont play any CDs at all.

anyone got recommendations for iPod FM transmitter? thinking of installing aftermarket iPod cable, but later, this one spoil, that one warranty void *sigh*

Guest kepiting1sg

funng wrote:

hey all,

the CD changer just seemed to fix itself. after a big hoo-ha with SA about whether got pirated/self-CDRs inside, they removed the changer and wanted to send it to somewhere for checks. because would be without FM, refused to do it.

the thing is, after i got home with the CD changer (they supposedly just screwed and unscrewed back), i pressed the eject button for the disc and it just popped out! it was an original disc that was stuck, came out with a chipped edge. now i dont play any CDs at all.

anyone got recommendations for iPod FM transmitter? thinking of installing aftermarket iPod cable, but later, this one spoil, that one warranty void *sigh*

Funng,

FM transmitter sucks big time cos the FM Hz are nearly all used up.

U will not find a channel without interference.

For aft mkt iPod solution go for Dension solution.

Mercedes Dension Compatibility Database

For dension installation go to Pin Liang

• 6 years later...

Shit ! The issue got caught up with my W211.

Audio 20, 6 CD..... stuck.

CD is ownself burn MP3 type.

Had been inside Audio 20 since day 1 and no issue.... until recently.

Any idea, tips, trick to remove them ?