• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Comand aps w211 firmware upgrade?

Guest damienchua

Guest damienchua

Hi,

I just upgraded my ride to a 2005 E200 (this : http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=80108&DL=1213)

and it comes with the COMAND APS DVD SYSTEM..

According to the sales guy, the unit cannot play MP3, but after googgling for a while, some threads in mbworld and gpsunderground says that the firmware could be upgraded to play MP3 files...

Does anyone know how??? I am trying to find the firmware file online, it is in a torrent file but little seeder.

Regards

Damien

damienchua wrote:

Hi,

I just upgraded my ride to a 2005 E200 (this : http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=80108&DL=1213)

and it comes with the COMAND APS DVD SYSTEM..

According to the sales guy, the unit cannot play MP3, but after googgling for a while, some threads in mbworld and gpsunderground says that the firmware could be upgraded to play MP3 files...

Does anyone know how??? I am trying to find the firmware file online, it is in a torrent file but little seeder.

Regards

Damien

mine is 2006 and can play the CDS with MP3 files leh, according to what I know use the newer version of navigation CD and when u insert first time ...it would recognise and update automatically...else you can ask C&C if they upgrade for free.. does your has enable video in motion already..it can be done on 2005 models via engineering menu

Guest damienchua

Oh okay, so good. My previous C180 cannot play mp3, so i quite gian this function. about my unit, hmm I am not sure yet... even the sales person doesn't know the version of the Comand APS unit. Let me get my car first.... do u happen to have the updated CD? if so, possible to borrow n let me update? :D

I heard updated to latest version, the engineering menu disappears ah..... ?

damienchua wrote:

Oh okay, so good. My previous C180 cannot play mp3, so i quite gian this function. about my unit, hmm I am not sure yet... even the sales person doesn't know the version of the Comand APS unit. Let me get my car first.... do u happen to have the updated CD? if so, possible to borrow n let me update? :D

I heard updated to latest version, the engineering menu disappears ah..... ?

Mine is not the updated one just late 2005 CD, in fact I am looking for newer version.... I can lent u anytime just PM me..but I am not sure if it really can update itself....what i see from US forum is that it is able to do so... and let me tell you our maps or your map is probably out dated leow....it is like white elephant ...no KPE, no new tunnels.....and even woodlands AVE 12...knn

damienchua wrote:

It seems that only the US unit can do Mp3 functions..... not euro

Anyone has idea if our W211 comand in Singapore is a Euro or US fitted? How to check

Bro, my one can play..not sure whether is EURO or US but mine is COMAND APS NTG1 version 2 ..... can also integrate with BT ..show you the link to Poison You...

http://www.cartronics.com/MBMost.html?MBClass=E&VIM=1

http://fiscon-mobile.com/products/pro.php this one is cheaper about 400EURO but not out yet ,only in Q2.....

damienchua wrote:

It seems that only the US unit can do Mp3 functions..... not euro

Anyone has idea if our W211 comand in Singapore is a Euro or US fitted? How to check

Damien, are you in or used to be in electronic/semiconductor industry ..if yes PM me..i might know you

Guest damienchua

Wah Jsiau, the links are very poisonous indeed.... cannot tarhan liao, pocket got hole already after changing car hahaa.. hm, I used to have my industrial attachment back in NTU at AMD suzhou though, i am not in electronic or semi con currently... I seem familiar huh|? :0

damienchua wrote:

Wah Jsiau, the links are very poisonous indeed.... cannot tarhan liao, pocket got hole already after changing car hahaa.. hm, I used to have my industrial attachment back in NTU at AMD suzhou though, i am not in electronic or semi con currently... I seem familiar huh|? :0

use to know a Damien Chua in seminconductor distributions, a senior guy...... i think it is not you.....when you getting your car

damienchua wrote:

Oh i see.. definately not me hee :D

shld be end of this mth, i just found a buyer for my c180... jsiau, u think E200 shld be nicer if i change to the star grille?

Oh Yes and in Bonnet change to AMG CAP also..... BTW I haven't change , went to eBay is about $400...VRROM VROOM VROOM

KinKin