• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Oil Change Before 15,000 km

Guest astrid

Guest astrid

If I were to call C&C workshop to do oil change before the recommended 15,000 km, I will be turned down (tried that before).

So I may have to resort to going to an outside workshop to change oil (say) at 5,000 km.

Does anybody know if C&C can detect that I have done that elsewhere, and that they could use that reason to void my car's warranty?

Reason for asking: When I owned a Lexus before, the BM workshop told me that whenever they change the oil during servicing, they also change the oil filter and the oil-drain cover gasket (which has a seal on it).

So if its done elsewhere, BM can detect that the oil-drain cover gasket is not replaced, with the seal broken. That will be reason enough for them to void the 3-year warranty ..... or so I was told.

Does anyone know if the C&C workshop has this check for oil changes done outside?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Guest astrid

Let's just say that I know enuf about Mobil1 (says a lot, huh?).

But the 5,000 km that I intend to do is just for the first oil change, not recurring. Heck, I don't mind doing the first change even at 1,500 km.

However, for recurring oil changes, I'd settle for 10,000 km, but definitely not 15,000 km as recommended.

For the latter, I had 'won' a years-long debate that I had with PML (when I used to own a BMW). I totally disagreed with their (BMW AG's) previous 25,000 km servicing interval. They have since reduced it to 10,000-12,000 (depending on model and diagnostics) based on an early-2009 press release by BMW AG.

My argument with PML/BMW was simple. BMW makes the car and engine, but who manufactures the lube oil?

Guest Raskie

hmm.. okie, different stroke for different folks. I would not use the normal M1 for more than 10,000km myself. But I have used extended engine oil and have no issues including many of my friends' cars.

Based on what you said, I am sure if you insist, C&C will not say no if you are willing to pay for the oil change (assuming you do not have the free servicing).

If the SA would not attend to you .. then raise it to higher level to let them know your thoughts on why you want it done .. I believe they will listen.