• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What will you do if you bought a 2nd hand W211 which is involved in an accident

Guest Gasman

Guest Gasman

Hi Bros

Hellow to all out here. I am very new here. I just collected my W211. Its a 1 year old car. When I bought the car, I was told by the salesman that it was a 100% Accident Free car and 100% original paintwork.

After collecting the car, I realized that the car was involved in an accident before as the inside (spare wheel well) was sprayed)

I went back to confront them and they told me that the old owner told them it was accident free.

What will you Bros out there recommend?

Guest Raskie

did u not send the car for inspection before you purchase ? if not, I guess it is caveat emptor.

why dun u get it inspected now and see the extent of the damage and then take if from there ?

Guest bbwannabe

well.

1) if accident-free is part of the contract between you and the salesman (both know about it) and

2) if you can prove somehow that he knows (or prove to others) that the car being accident-free is a major deciding factor for the purchase

you could possibly nullify the contract and return to the original state (i.e. no car).

i not doing law or anything like that. just happen to read about it. seek legal advice if you aim is to undo the contract/collect compensation.

btw, which car dealer? do PM me

(in anything you post that is publicly accessible, make sure it is based in ALL FACTS, if not they can sue you for slander)

Guest astrid

I will always be extra careful when buying <1 year old cars.

Almost always an accident car (not OK), or owner lost money big time - i.e., re-possessed (OK).

Ask yourself this: If you are not in any financial crisis, why sell your car after just a few months? So unless you have made a regret decision in purchasing a car that you really dislike, then the only impetus to sell a car and lose big time (after just x months) is when it has met with a bad accident.

Note this: Metal, once deformed beyond its limit of elasticity, and later pulled back to shape, will never be able to absorb the same amount of collision energy as it was designed for. The next crash from the rear will result in an almost instant collapse of the metal structure. It will serve little/no purpose in absorbing the impact, like it did in the first crash.

One of the key reasons why I had sold my previous W210K, after it was rear-ended by a TIBS bus after just 2 years.

Guest Gasman

bbwannabe wrote:

well.

1) if accident-free is part of the contract between you and the salesman (both know about it) and

2) if you can prove somehow that he knows (or prove to others) that the car being accident-free is a major deciding factor for the purchase

you could possibly nullify the contract and return to the original state (i.e. no car).

i not doing law or anything like that. just happen to read about it. seek legal advice if you aim is to undo the contract/collect compensation.

btw, which car dealer? do PM me

(in anything you post that is publicly accessible, make sure it is based in ALL FACTS, if not they can sue you for slander)

Bro, I am not afraid to tell you here as it is the true fact and I think its my duty to let everyone know.

The Dealer I bought from is Hin Lung Credit. They told me its 100% original paintwork and 100% accident free. After collection of vehicle, I found out that the spare tyre compartment was sprayed before. (it should be not sprayed, rough texture, not shiny)

To be reasonable, I am really willing to accept if the bumper has been sprayed, but from what I see, its quite a serious knock till the spare wheel well has been damaged. MOREOVER, its a Merc.

Guest kepiting1sg

Gasman wrote:

Everything looks ok, but when I go and look at other Mercs's spare wheel well, the paint is rough, not smooth and "polished"

Like the Bros had said!

Looks can be deceiving and at times play tricks on your mind.

Why not send it to Viacom or AAS for an inspection?

If they confirmed indeed there was a "serious accident", U might wanna find

out if any further repairs are needed.

I belive U wanna sleep well at nite! :becky:

Bro, let it inspect and check by a pro....

fyi, 1 of my ride which i had before....

I myself sent it for a respray till it shine and smooth for the purpose of my ICE .

Relax and enjoy every single second of your life.......

Guest MarSarLee

I have not seen your car so I cannot comment on it. Your best option is to send it to STA to check if there is any out of alignment framework. Before buying a car, always insist on STA check or no deal. Tell the sales person you will pay for the check up and some coffee money for the trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

oh dear ... did u manage to speak to them ? I doubt there is much you can do unless there is black and white .. sigh ...

i hope the accident is not too bad and does not put you off too much ...