• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W211 camber kit

Guest dewey

Raskie wrote:

bro dewey, uneven tire wear for all tires ? I remembered my rear passenger tire had very bad thread wear while the other 3 were perfectly fine ....

yes i'm having exactly same problem now.

Just went to rotate my tires today, gonna change to 'higher' springs on Thurs (hope it helps...)

by the way... I never had any of these problems when i was using P-Zero tyres during first 2 years of my car... (most likely will be using P-Zero again the next time i change tyres...)

dewey wrote:

yes i'm having exactly same problem now.

Just went to rotate my tires today, gonna change to 'higher' springs on Thurs (hope it helps...)

by the way... I never had any of these problems when i was using P-Zero tyres during first 2 years of my car... (most likely will be using P-Zero again the next time i change tyres...)

hmmm ... what tire you had on ? I had Hankook K104 ... i went for alignment and it was fine .. the guy said sometimes for a certain batch of tires, there cld some 'lemon' .... he has seen similar cases but rare ...

i wonder if the other W211 has this problem ...

Raskie wrote:

hmmm ... what tire you had on ? I had Hankook K104 ... i went for alignment and it was fine .. the guy said sometimes for a certain batch of tires, there cld some 'lemon' .... he has seen similar cases but rare ...

i wonder if the other W211 has this problem ...

My 1st set was P-Zero.. perfectly alright, used for 2 years & all tyre tread still very good...

used until side walls cracked when tyres turned 'old'...

2nd set was AD-07... noisy but very good grip, tyre wear was very fast

all 4 tyres became like slick F1 tyres after 10000KM

now using T1R... rear inner side starts turning 'botak' only after about 3000KM...

hmmm .. think what the tire man told me might hold true then .... he says Conti cars tends to be heavier so the softer tires might not last ... but for only one tire to wear off so badly ????

Guest alumetal

I had this experience before when using PI spring. (1 tire wearing differently).

Went thru many headache and suspecting the tyre, shocks, bushing, alignment...etc and also change many parts but still same issue.

And finally found that 1 of spring height was different <15mm higher when uncompressed, when compressed only about 5-7mm different>.

Got Fong Kim to cut it and after that was OK.

Just for pointer.