• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

any logistics expert here can advice?

Guest jan999

hi, all,

i bought a Carlsson front lip and rear spoiler from Taiwan (they having great sales for Carlsson kit), and the shipping costs from Taiwan to Singapore costs me NT6000.00

and now the cargo already reached our shore. this shipping company called me up and asked for another S$285.00 for local clearance + S$50 Warehousing fee + S$50 permit fee + prevaling GST.

all adds up near S$500 just for me to clear this carton.

it is true as above i need to pay for all above?

how come i bought muffler, some kits from Aus, UK, US and never kena these??

any expert can advice me?

thanks

Sean

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NewC180

Yes, the local port charges etc for goods coming through the sea port is about S$500 for volume of 1 pallet or less, even though it is 1 or 2 cartons.

The local charges for goods coming through the airport is much cheaper, it is about S$100+ for 1-2 cartons.

Don't ever send small volumes through the sea port, it might be more worth it to pay slightly more to send by air as the airport charges are much lower. Something which I do not understand as well.

thanks for the reply.

what the... i only have one carton and kena paid for S$385 all in all and NT6000 for Taiwan to SG port.

i told the taiwan fella to ship via air but who knows he did it via Sea.

ya, the Air VS Sea arrangement kinda weird and it sucks.

now just hope that my bodykit still in one piece, thats more sensible.

Guest NewC180

For single cartons, the best is to ship via EMS from places like Taiwan and China. EMS is shipping from door-to-door, which means you don't have to worry about port charges be it air or sea. And they are quite fast too, about a week plus. Next time ask your seller to quote you shipping charges by EMS.I bought a strut bar from China a few months back, the carton is real long and heavy, and EMS charge was only US$80.Never mind la, expensive lesson learnt, but you'll remember it forever, haha!Cheers!