• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Getting New Keys For W124

Guest benzw124

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Raskie

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to cut new keys for the w124 and where or do i have to get them direct from the dealer?

I believe you need to go back to dealer/agent for this. The key is a controlled item and can be done at the parent plant in Germany.

Guest Raskie

Hwa Keat did my W124 few weeks ago together with a new alarm system installed.

That's new to me. Does that mean the factory immobiliser and remote are now disabled and 'replaced' with the new alarm ?

Guest Raskie

Yeah thats what i thought too... any idea of the price? I think ill give hwa keat a call first and see if they can do it.

I'm can't remember the price. Mine was PI W211 and C&C (a) unwilling to assist and (B) charge me a premium. But it was in the region of couple of hundreds.

:P

Hi

The W124 is not a difficult key to get hold off, I paid around $60 to have one cut with the original style MB key fob. Had it done at a normal Key cutting place.

I was at this place the other day though

Codes & Keys

Block 301

#01-263 Ubi Ave 1

6748 9100 / 9690 7749

ask for Jimmy, very helpful.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest strepsils88

Not too relevant perhaps, but do u guys know of any place that makes a "Merz-like" original key ??

Those that press a button and ejects the concealed key, along with "open/close" buttons ?

That will be wonderful for a W124 ride !

Guest millionmilebenz

Not too relevant perhaps, but do u guys know of any place that makes a "Merz-like" original key ??

Those that press a button and ejects the concealed key, along with "open/close" buttons ?

That will be wonderful for a W124 ride !

You mean something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33723&viewitem=&item=110184370353

I've been looking around on eBay for something similar for my W126 as well. It sounds like an easy install that any shop should be able to do.

Has any member tried something similar?

You mean something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33723&viewitem=&item=110184370353

I've been looking around on eBay for something similar for my W126 as well. It sounds like an easy install that any shop should be able to do.

Has any member tried something similar?

hey MMB, go for this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KEYLESS-ENTRY-FOR-MERCEDES-BENZ-CL-S-CLASS-W126-79-92_W0QQitemZ260173058639QQihZ016QQcategoryZ33723QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• 3 weeks later...