• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mercedes-Benz reveals the 2010 E-Class Convertible

Guest slimy

The 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible has been added into the E-Class range. The top-less E-Class goes on sale in spring 2010 and comes with a fabric top instead of a retractable hard top, something that is more popular these days. This means that the top can be opened or closed while driving, which in this case is at up to 25 km/h. When the top goes down, 3.17 cu. ft. of space is eaten up.

The E-Class Convertible also comes with a feature called the AIRCAP. The AIRCAP automatic draft-stop helps reduce turbulence in the interior of the vehicle to create a sea of warm air. It is made by two components including a wind deflector that can be extended by around 2.4 inches with a net in the windscreen frame and a draft-stop between the rear seats. The system also helps reduce interior noise level. Buyers can also opt for the optional AIRSCARF function that provides warm air through outlets in the head restraints. Look for two videos as well as an image gallery of the US-spec E-Class Convertible after the jump.

slimy wrote:

The 2010 Mercedes-Benz E-Class Convertible has been added into the E-Class range. The top-less E-Class goes on sale in spring 2010 and comes with a fabric top instead of a retractable hard top, something that is more popular these days. This means that the top can be opened or closed while driving, which in this case is at up to 25 km/h. When the top goes down, 3.17 cu. ft. of space is eaten up.

The E-Class Convertible also comes with a feature called the AIRCAP. The AIRCAP automatic draft-stop helps reduce turbulence in the interior of the vehicle to create a sea of warm air. It is made by two components including a wind deflector that can be extended by around 2.4 inches with a net in the windscreen frame and a draft-stop between the rear seats. The system also helps reduce interior noise level. Buyers can also opt for the optional AIRSCARF function that provides warm air through outlets in the head restraints. Look for two videos as well as an image gallery of the US-spec E-Class Convertible after the jump.

Wah so nice....lau nuar liao...saving $$$$ to buy this baby liao....must save $1000 a day....wah lau eh......can only buy model car lo

Willy..this is exactly what I think...I thought that it is going to follow BMW 3 SERIES Coupe roadmap after about 1 year to come out with a Cabriolet for E Coupe....what a waste...who knows maybe they are working on it leh ...next next year....they want me to save enough $$$ then come out the Retractable

slimy wrote:

Not too bad.......looks like Saab convertible...........

cheers

Guest alumetal

in my opinion the new look is suitable for the E-Class Coupe and the Cab, but on the saloon....its kindly of funny.

Mayb needs some time to get use to it.......just like the previous Honda Civic when they change the face from the EG to EK series .

jsiau, i've always wondered why merc never bothered to make a hardtop convertible 4 seater one of their production pieces, after all i think they were the pioneers to come out with a hardtop droptop.. whats more the 3series convertible is looking so good and selling like hotcakes...

if they do come out with an E hardtop convertible next year, economy good and pockets deep, lets go change together bah.

sillywilly wrote:

jsiau, i've always wondered why merc never bothered to make a hardtop convertible 4 seater one of their production pieces, after all i think they were the pioneers to come out with a hardtop droptop.. whats more the 3series convertible is looking so good and selling like hotcakes...

if they do come out with an E hardtop convertible next year, economy good and pockets deep, lets go change together bah.

Willy, I am saving money liao ........waiting for you oh......