• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Urgent help needed from W210/W124 owners.

Guest sohail

Hey guys, where do you guys send your car for repairs??

My w210 1996, is giving me problems. send to autobacs, since it near my place. But they could not rectify the problem.

thanks alot for the help

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no description of problem how to help ?

try the in house workshop inside the esso station at tanglin road, outside former ministry of education , near the intersection of tanglin road and jervios rd

accelerate, got no power, sometime stall when at low rpm.., sometime can no problem. only 2 days since it first stalled, suspect air leak, cos went to autobacs, and they help clean my trottle. problem still persist.

quite sad about it.. ): no mood

sohail wrote:

accelerate, got no power, sometime stall when at low rpm.., sometime can no problem. only 2 days since it first stalled, suspect air leak, cos went to autobacs, and they help clean my trottle. problem still persist.

Could it be the cars Alternator having problems and not charging the battery to the operating capacity....hmmm I have this on my car last time.... but it was a LADA

sohail wrote:

Hey guys, where do you guys send your car for repairs??

My w210 1996, is giving me problems. send to autobacs, since it near my place. But they could not rectify the problem.

thanks alot for the help

Hi bro,

You must have heard of MBM I guess ? :)

They may help...

Is '96 engine same as '95 e200 or is yours a kompressor?

Not that I can really give you a diagnostics, just curious :

When does it stall? moving or stationary?

how is your coolant level? any overheating recently?

fuel pump ok?

sohail wrote:

dont be sad

couple of things i can think of

1. bad fuel pump

2. a screw up distributor .. resulting in misfirings

3. spark plugs not replaced .. worn out

4. mass air flow sensor konked out

coule of ideas to start you off ... hope one of them proves to be the root cause

sohail wrote:

woah, u so pro,u r right bro,

mass air flow sensor... now at MBM goin back there at 6pm...

$$fly.........

anyway thanks man...

i did nothing .. just throw up ideas only.

after 12 yrs messing w cars.... i think i paid enough school fees to make an educated guess.

glad to know it is not a major fault after all Sohail

at least should not be too heavy ding on the wallet.

350 with installation. very impress with mbm... quick and promt service... i like when ppl know their stuff and very experience.

altho now.. feels like the accelerator pedal very hard to press... hahah of it could just be me.