• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

ECU Mod for FL SLK200

Guest sociex

My first post after the site revamp...yeah it's been a while!

Anyway, just got my ECU reflashed today by Dave of OBD Tuning (he drives a GT3 with his company decals, can't miss him haha), so I thought I'd share my experience. Dave met me at my office car park at noon to "download" my ECU settings, and came back at 6pm to upload the new "map". It took less than 10 mins each time, the best part being that it was done in a day and I didn't even have to drive out. Total damage = $990 (I think the usual price was closer to $1,300).

Dave claims a 30 hp and 50 Nm torque increase, which would equate to over 210 hp and 300 Nm for an FL SLK200. I didn't get in much mileage today (just the drive home), but the power gain was definitely noticeable. Engine felt more willing to rev, throttle was more responsive. Additionally, I did notice slightly improved fuel consumption despite revving the engine at every opportunity. Will probably be able to verify this after more time behind the wheel.

Anyone know a good straight road for hard driving? =)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi sociex,

Congras man.....210hp and 300nm.............wow

any dyno done before and after? cool man

it seems very impressive just for an ECU tune alone without upgrading any other hardware like a bigger pulley and headers / exhausts...........(well done man)

PM me your number then i try to jio a few SLK280 (231hp and 300nm) and maybe a stock (z4 205hp and 250nm) and we can try a straight road just to test test the 210hp and 300nm

vroom vroom.........

congras once again.......

cheers

sociex wrote:

My first post after the site revamp...yeah it's been a while!

Anyway, just got my ECU reflashed today by Dave of OBD Tuning (he drives a GT3 with his company decals, can't miss him haha), so I thought I'd share my experience. Dave met me at my office car park at noon to "download" my ECU settings, and came back at 6pm to upload the new "map". It took less than 10 mins each time, the best part being that it was done in a day and I didn't even have to drive out. Total damage = $990 (I think the usual price was closer to $1,300).

Dave claims a 30 hp and 50 Nm torque increase, which would equate to over 210 hp and 300 Nm for an FL SLK200. I didn't get in much mileage today (just the drive home), but the power gain was definitely noticeable. Engine felt more willing to rev, throttle was more responsive. Additionally, I did notice slightly improved fuel consumption despite revving the engine at every opportunity. Will probably be able to verify this after more time behind the wheel.

Anyone know a good straight road for hard driving? =)