• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Wtb : 2005 e200

Guest altec

Appreciate it if someone can me who is looking for a '05 E200.

* Where can i send the car for accessment before purchase?

* What could be the likely maintenance for this make?

* Does it make a difference betw C&C and PI since both are out of warranty.

* SG carmart still ask for approx 11K depreciation for it. I personally feel that its is still high. What is a more reasonable depreciation for a 4yrs old E200?

* Lastly, which year did the FL started?

Many thanks in advance.

Guest kepiting1sg

altec wrote:

Appreciate it if someone can me who is looking for a '05 E200.

* Where can i send the car for accessment before purchase?

* What could be the likely maintenance for this make?

* Does it make a difference betw C&C and PI since both are out of warranty.

* SG carmart still ask for approx 11K depreciation for it. I personally feel that its is still high. What is a more reasonable depreciation for a 4yrs old E200?

* Lastly, which year did the FL started?

Many thanks in advance.

U can send to C&C for accessment if it's a C & C car.

Or U can send it to our site sponsor MBM/KBS for accessment.

I did that for my previous 1 year old preloved FL W211 Advantgarde

The FL W211 I believe was started in June 2006.

IMHO, If it's within your budget, go for the FL model esp the Advantgarde model.

COE prices have risen after the lows earlier this year and used car prices have gone up too.

I bought my 1 year 1 mth used W211 FL Advantgarde in Feb '09 from used car dealer. (COE was only a few S$K)

In Oct '09 after 8 mths usage, I sold it to used car dealer too and got $3K more than what I paid for earlier this year. (COE >$19K)

Thanks Kepiting1sg,

You must one of the few rare one who profited from selling used car in SGP!

Do you know who much it cost for sending to C&C or MBM for accessment?

What are the main diff between Pre and FL W211?

Guest kepiting1sg

I dun actually "made $$$", transfer fee $2000+, numer retention $1,200 + $5K to $6K worth of accesories.

Take it that I spend about $6K for 8 months of usage. Not bad!

If I had more time and sell the ride to a private owner instead of dealer, I could have made more than $3K. The used car dealer is advertising my ride for $17,000 more than what he had paid me but I reckon he could probably made less than $10K after less their expenses.

1. 20hp more (184hp) & more torque

2. Different front bumper, bonnet, grill & more pointed

3. Different Rear Bumper with 1 pc trimming vs pre FL 3 pcs.

4. Slitted trimmings in front signal lamps

5. Different rear lamp covers

6. More squarish & slightly bigger wing mirrors

7. Different style steering wheels

Advantgarde model has

1. Original Bi-Xenon with OEM LED city lights

2. Black front grill vs grey

3. LED Brake lamps

4. Lower Suspension

5. 17" alloy wheels for earlier models and 18" alloy wheels for later models

6. White Meter Dials

7. Fog lights with chrome trimmings

8. Birdeye Maplewood Interior trimmings

Could be more diff but these all I can remember at this time

yeah trade in always fetch lower than sell direct but it can be very time consuming for the latter .. i tried before and now actually know how salesperson feels ... like a mechanical parrot repeating details after details ...

importantly, i feel if the whole buy-sell is good experience, i can do without the 'higher' price selling direct .. not becos I rich but maybe I'm lazy la !

Guest kepiting1sg

Raskie wrote:

yeah trade in always fetch lower than sell direct but it can be very time consuming for the latter .. i tried before and now actually know how salesperson feels ... like a mechanical parrot repeating details after details ...

importantly, i feel if the whole buy-sell is good experience, i can do without the 'higher' price selling direct .. not becos I rich but maybe I'm lazy la !

Sama2 lazy lah! Bro Raskie!

Summore I m exiled to the Indo Island cannot find the time too.

Actually the day I wanted to trade in my ride. 1 of the forumer made an appt. & seen my car. Promised without letting go his C Class, he will buy my ride. Then promised to contact me in the evening. No call, no sound, no shadow. I SMS him & told him if he dun wanna take up the ride, no worries.

This guy dun even has the decency to reply.

Agreed that selling on yr own, this type of experience we do not wanna go thru.

Thanks. Your info is very helpful.

Talked to a C&C SE, found out that dealer usually advertise 15-20K above what they have take in. She actually advise me to advert it myself and to look for owner selling...since i'm not in a hurry to get one.

So i guess maybe i should try to sell mine first then look to buy in.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest longhorn

kepiting1sg wrote:

The FL W211 I believe was started in June 2006.

going thru the ads, i noticed some r E200ML and some r E200K. is this how we tell if it is pre- or post-FL? thanks

kepiting1sg wrote:

Sama2 lazy lah! Bro Raskie!

Summore I m exiled to the Indo Island cannot find the time too.

Actually the day I wanted to trade in my ride. 1 of the forumer made an appt. & seen my car. Promised without letting go his C Class, he will buy my ride. Then promised to contact me in the evening. No call, no sound, no shadow. I SMS him & told him if he dun wanna take up the ride, no worries.

This guy dun even has the decency to reply.

Agreed that selling on yr own, this type of experience we do not wanna go thru.

yar lo ... if you free and nothing better to do then try selling .. you will meet ALL kind of people .. some i met:

-> just want to see how you car looks like - no intention to buy

-> beri free and nothing to do - no intention to buy

-> alot of dealers - low price (10-15K below yr asking price)

-> very keen but no money

-> very keen but no license - yes, this happened to me

-> make offer and 'disappear'

-> ask if u keen to trade with his car

i have pple asking to meet at 0730hrs before they goto work. Some as late as 2330hrs after their dinner/party.

some keeps changing appt time and when they turn up, see 3min and say bye bye !

aiyoh ...

longhorn wrote:

going thru the ads, i noticed some r E200ML and some r E200K. is this how we tell if it is pre- or post-FL? thanks

You can say so... But unker batam's description is much clearer I guess... Built in 2006 is the facelifted version...

Actually, a check with wikipedia will also give you some details as to which parts/functions of the car were modified over the face lifting exerceise.

Well, If you wanna be on the safe side; go for the E200 with registration dates AFTER June 2006...

longhorn wrote:

if you $$$ enuf, go for the newer model as chances are they will be better spec and in better condition .. not all cars but generally.

calp wrote:

You can say so... But unker batam's description is much clearer I guess... Built in 2006 is the facelifted version...

Actually, a check with wikipedia will also give you some details as to which parts/functions of the car were modified over the face lifting exerceise.

Well, If you wanna be on the safe side; go for the E200 with registration dates AFTER June 2006...

Just a quick comment... mine is register in July 2006 ..am the last batch and last few cars of pre FL E class, accordingly to my SE... that's why they give me original wood steering, Avant Garde Rims and Comand APS with Navigation..... BTW what is the Diff between E200K and E200ML....damm confusing..... anyone driving E class knows the real meaning of these 2.... mine is E200 Kompressor so naturally I thought it is E200K ..what about E200ML,/.....Does it mean E200 Mod Liao..hahahha