• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

GPS System

Guest camber53

Buy from C&C lor , $2000 for E CLASS or if you don't mind, I have a 2005 SG map ..i think they said can burnt a copy and it still work.. I am also looking for more updated maps....CHEYBO LEH AIYA...

Guest kepiting1sg

jsiau wrote:

Buy from C&C lor , $2000 for E CLASS or if you don't mind, I have a 2005 SG map ..i think they said can burnt a copy and it still work.. I am also looking for more updated maps....CHEYBO LEH AIYA...

IMHO - Dump that pian lan OEM outdated GPS map.

Go get a multimedia interface and add on the Garmin "blackbox" GNV 53 and navigate through your Command APS with local Garmin maps from MSM, MFM or Jerome Wee.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=134&pID=10573

Guest NewC180

Unker, what do you think of these multimedia interface? You think can connect to my cars and connect gps, tv, dvd?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170408516197&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AVRI

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E60-E61-E63-E70-E71-E90-Navi-Multimedia-interface_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439b52078dQQitemZ290368653197QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

Any good installer to recommend that is familiar with W204 and 5er?

Guest kepiting1sg

NewC180 wrote:

Unker, what do you think of these multimedia interface? You think can connect to my cars and connect gps, tv, dvd?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170408516197&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AVRI

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E60-E61-E63-E70-E71-E90-Navi-Multimedia-interface_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem439b52078dQQitemZ290368653197QQptZCarQ5fAudioQ5fVideo

Any good installer to recommend that is familiar with W204 and 5er?

If I am not wrong your W204 cums with a TFT screen rite?

Your 5er cums with color LCD screen too?

Then likely it's possible.

2 places to go with diff. MMI - I think they all cums with Taiwanese MMI

1. Nice Werkz - Leslie - http://www.nicewerkz.com/

2. AutoSpritze - Ah Wee

Good Luck!

Guest NewC180

kepiting1sg wrote:

If I am not wrong your W204 cums with a TFT screen rite?

Your 5er cums with color LCD screen too?

Then likely it's possible.

2 places to go with diff. MMI - I think they all cums with Taiwanese MMI

1. Nice Werkz - Leslie - http://www.nicewerkz.com/

2. AutoSpritze - Ah Wee

Good Luck!

My W204 comes with Audio 20, which is a colour LCD screen. Yup, the 5er also have colour LCD, screen is much bigger than the W204. The ebay links I've posted is much cheaper than what the local guys quoted to me earlier. Which MMI have you installed? Where?

Guest kepiting1sg

NewC180 wrote:

My W204 comes with Audio 20, which is a colour LCD screen. Yup, the 5er also have colour LCD, screen is much bigger than the W204. The ebay links I've posted is much cheaper than what the local guys quoted to me earlier. Which MMI have you installed? Where?

AutoSpritze has offered me a Taiwanese aft mkt MMI for meant for Audi.

I guessed it's from XCarLink.

They have quoted me:- MMI + DVD 6 Disc Changer + Garmin GNV53 + Reverse Camera with markings + iPod Interface Cable. Price wise not too nice to discuss here.

iPod I do not need cos I have aux in for my iPod/iPhone & my 16G SD Card holds up to >4000 songs which I can navigate the folder/sub folders thru steering controls

Garmin GNV 53 IMHO is old model......no junction view & 3D Nav....so not very kum guan.

DVD to make my little son happy only. Reverse camera nice to have but my oem farking sensors working good. I m sending in my ride for some little mods this week. Meanwhile still mulling over it.

Unker very hiaw...last week program my ride tacho & speedo needles sweep like Subaru & Lexus when starting the engine....hehehehe!

I have contacted Nice Werkz but has not got them to quote.

Nice Werkz wanted to use Navteq based GPS - I have no interest to pay $$$ for map updates.

May drop in 1 day to see & hear in details what they have to offer me.

Guest NewC180

kepiting1sg wrote:

They have quoted me:- MMI + DVD 6 Disc Changer + Garmin GNV53 + Reverse Camera with markings + iPod Interface Cable. Price wise not too nice to discuss here.

iPod I do not need cos I have aux in for my iPod/iPhone & my 16G SD Card holds up to >4000 songs which I can navigate the folder/sub folders thru steering controls

Garmin GNV 53 IMHO is old model......no junction view & 3D Nav....so not very kum guan.

DVD to make my little son happy only. Reverse camera nice to have but my oem farking sensors working good. I m sending in my ride for some little mods this week. Meanwhile still mulling over it.

Unker very hiaw...last week program my ride tacho & speedo needles sweep like Subaru & Lexus when starting the engine....hehehehe!

Nice Werkz wanted to use Navteq based GPS - I have no interest to pay $$$ for map updates.

Actually, I only need DVD for my 5er, and GPS for my C. Buy MMI just for 1 feature for each car like not very worth it. BTW, NiceW did quote me before, price is not cheap!

Let me know what you've gathered, maybe I can follow you!

Guest kepiting1sg

NewC180 wrote:

Actually, I only need DVD for my 5er, and GPS for my C. Buy MMI just for 1 feature for each car like not very worth it. BTW, NiceW did quote me before, price is not cheap!

Let me know what you've gathered, maybe I can follow you!

Ya lor for 1 or 2 features not worth the salt....hahahaha!

KNN! Looks both options "not so cheep".....hehehehe!:becky:

Guest blackmercs

kepiting1sg wrote:

Got karoke function let me know hor.

Guest kepiting1sg

blackmercs wrote:

Got karoke function let me know hor.

KNN! Lu mai chow arh???? knn.gif ....hehehehe!

Last time Unker saw a Toyota van with a full set of BMB c/w the 1st Gen tok kong DAX1 amp processor run by a DC to AC converter. 6891_mj-is-bad.gif

BTW Unker used to run this kind of business in Pleasure Island

Ai mah! Unker get it installed for U? slapu.gif

Weekend...we bring ang chit kow and anker pe chew to your ride & sing some lau hokkien qua.....kekekekeek! chiokapeng.gif

Guest blackmercs

kepiting1sg wrote:

KNN! Lu mai chow arh???? knn.gif ....hehehehe!

Last time Unker saw a Toyota van with a full set of BMB c/w the 1st Gen tok kong DAX1 amp processor run by a DC to AC converter. 6891_mj-is-bad.gif

BTW Unker used to run this kind of business in Pleasure Island

Ai mah! Unker get it installed for U? slapu.gif

Weekend...we bring ang chit kow and anker pe chew to your ride & sing some lau hokkien qua.....kekekekeek! chiokapeng.gif

Muahahahahaha hokkien qua no longer the in-thing liao, lim pei now listen to ah bu nen gua liao. Lai lai this sunday, no see no run!!!!

Yo Bro Camber...we can meetup and you bring your NB and disc then I let you burnt ...BTW I am not tech savvy don't know wait burnt correctly ..scared burnt the disc leh.....no lah just joking... I have not done burning for ages and worried about burnt wrongly.....you can PM me your contacts or MSN/SKYPE me.......it is on my profile

• 2 weeks later...