• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Help!

Guest joli86

Hi all, recently den found out my car has been infected by red ants! having nearby construction so i guess the ant's nest is disturbed so shifted location...

Any idea how to get rid of it?? Seems a lot!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

joli86 wrote:

Hi all, recently den found out my car has been infected by red ants! having nearby construction so i guess the ant's nest is disturbed so shifted location...

Hi joli86, notice you are..........asking for help again.

relax ..........

Send your car for a steam cleaning, tell them your problem, this should cost less than 100 buck.

Take care......And dont eat in the car in future..............

joli86 wrote:

I had a similar problem except mine was with black ants. Was in a hurry and didn't realize I partially destroyed an ant colony's nest by parking close to a tree.

Had a hard time getting rid of the ants. After some ant poison and thoroughly cleaning the car twice, 95% clear.

Good luck. :Cry:

Guest kopimonster

got easier and cheaper solution....park under the hot sun, bake your car for a couple of hours and it should rid your car of ants.

but be extra careful where you park these days, especially during rainy season, the ants might juz make your car their new home :D so try to avoid shrubs and bushes when you park your car.

kopimonster wrote:

got easier and cheaper solution....park under the hot sun, bake your car for a couple of hours and it should rid your car of ants.

but be extra careful where you park these days, especially during rainy season, the ants might juz make your car their new home :D so try to avoid shrubs and bushes when you park your car.

I tried doing exactly that - baking it under the hot sun but the bloody twits wouldn't go away!! :shocked:

i did this stupid but easy solution and it works...

as the ants always like to hide around the lines of your windscreen....

I had pour the windscreen washing liquid solutions along the windscreen and the windows la.. those ants really ran for their lives.... and never came back... hehehe

i know some will say the solution is concerntrated sure will eat up the rubber along the windscreen, but hack la, those ants won't go away even you spray H2O lei...

Guest kopimonster

mothersuperior wrote:

I tried doing exactly that - baking it under the hot sun but the bloody twits wouldn't go away!! :shocked:

wa...commando trained ants

i got same problem as yours, but mine disappear after 2 solid days of roasting :D

gave me the goose bumps hehe

• 3 weeks later...

ya, i have been asking a lot of help... cant be helped new to cars and learning from experiences, what i did is i spend 2 - 3 hrs cleaning up the entire car and finding the nest and looking for this ONLY ONE Queen ant.. spray pesticides all over and very happy that I gt rid of ALL ants liao...

Now i got another problem which happen today, car cannot start, have to call ppl to tow liao, si bei sianz.

battery problem ? or ignition not firing ? fuel pump or injection fails ?

it's sickening when this happens ... well, hope it's nothing serious .. worse is when you are outside and it is pouring !

Guest blackmercs

joli86 wrote:

ya, i have been asking a lot of help... cant be helped new to cars and learning from experiences, what i did is i spend 2 - 3 hrs cleaning up the entire car and finding the nest and looking for this ONLY ONE Queen ant.. spray pesticides all over and very happy that I gt rid of ALL ants liao...

Now i got another problem which happen today, car cannot start, have to call ppl to tow liao, si bei sianz.

Maybe u spray too much pesticides and comes into contact with the start plug.

• 3 weeks later...

Nope, starter spoil... they said if car is dead cannot start is either battery or starter.

MBM had told me b4 to look out on my starter since is not in good condition but had switched car with my bro and didnt get to monitor it closely. So only discover it shortly I switched back my car.

Had solved my ant problem and only after close to 1 month den car dead outside.

Was outside and wanna go elsewhere when car cannot start -_-`, very sianz.

joli86 wrote:

Nope, starter spoil... they said if car is dead cannot start is either battery or starter.

MBM had told me b4 to look out on my starter since is not in good condition but had switched car with my bro and didnt get to monitor it closely. So only discover it shortly I switched back my car.

Had solved my ant problem and only after close to 1 month den car dead outside.

Was outside and wanna go elsewhere when car cannot start -_-`, very sianz.

alright, let's hope for a good 2010 ahead man for your ride.............

vroom vroom

cheers