• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Big $$$ diff for the same Carlsson Bodykit from 2 companys

Guest morganoh

Guest morganoh

I just got a quote from both AutoVox and MBM for the Carlsson full bodykit + exhaust.

Too my surprise, AutoVox quote me $10400 (excluding installation) , while MB quote me only $6300.

AutoVox must hav thought that all Merc driver owns a $$$ printer shop.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a quote from both AutoVox and MBM for the Carlsson full bodykit + exhaust.

Too my surprise, AutoVox quote me $10400 (excluding installation) , while MB quote me only $6300.

autovox is the autorised Carlsson dealer for SG lei..

while MBM is for Kleemman, barbus, ART, Vath...

benzline is for Lorinser, AMG.

hmmm why not you join the TEA party this Sat and ask the BOSS directly!

Guest morganoh

Too bad I may not be in Singapore on that day to attend the AutoVox party.

Anyway I go another pricing for AMG body from Benz Line, and they charge around $7800 for just the body kit alone. and $1500 for the AMG exhaust

While MBM charges around $6500 for both the Bodykit and exhaust

and C&C charges $8100 for Bodykit + AMG rims + Sports Suspension + Perforated Brake discs with Mercedes Benz lettering + 3 spoke steering wheel + stainless steel sports pedals.

Although I'm new to Mercedes. I can only said that the Price are way too much different between importers.

Guest morganoh

I did ask the staff why are the price more than 40% differences.

All he said, "I’m keen to do your C-class so I hope you will consider and revert to me"

How to consider them when I hav to fork out an extra $4K on them?

hmmm why not you join the TEA party this Sat and ask the BOSS directly!

Guest kepiting1sg

I was once quoted with the wrong pulley kit (for M111) for my W203(M271) by Autovox and the quoted price was 2x that of Benzline.

But that was 3 years ago!

Guest kepiting1sg

as long as do enough homework, not scare kena chop...

U rite! But at that time I was a Newbie with a 2 mth old car and the sales talk sound so convincing and if I need not held back then, sure kenna chopped into bak cho mee ;D ;D ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

Too bad I may not be in Singapore on that day to attend the AutoVox party.

Anyway I go another pricing for AMG body from Benz Line, and they charge around $7800 for just the body kit alone. and $1500 for the AMG exhaust

While MBM charges around $6500 for both the Bodykit and exhaust

and C&C charges $8100 for Bodykit + AMG rims + Sports Suspension + Perforated Brake discs with Mercedes Benz lettering + 3 spoke steering wheel + stainless steel sports pedals.

Although I'm new to Mercedes. I can only said that the Price are way too much different between importers.

Hi Morgan,

I paid about $9,000 to Benzline for the W203 Full Lorinser Edition Kit + Lorinser Twin Exhaust Rear Muffler + Spray Painting & Installation.

Other than AMG Exhaust that are approved by LTA, other brands like Lorinser, Brabus & probably Carlsson too will need LTA approval.

For my Lorinser Exhaust, I personally applied to LTA for the approval.

During my 1st VIACOM inspection (3 years old car) earlier this year, at the last inspection station when they checked the undercarriage, the technician came up from the inspection pit and comment on my exhaust is not original to the car. I showed him the approval letter from LTA/VIACOM and he thanks me and went back down into the inspection pit. ;D ;D ;D

There's some hussle to apply approval from LTA for the exhaust unless you have the time for it. So if you like the AMG, it's the easiest path to take.

Remus exhausts is approved by LTA but I dun think you want that on your ride ;)

Hi Morgan,

I paid about $9,000 to Benzline for the W203 Full Lorinser Edition Kit + Lorinser Twin Exhaust Rear Muffler + Spray Painting & Installation.

Other than AMG Exhaust that are approved by LTA, other brands like Lorinser, Brabus & probably Carlsson too will need LTA approval.

For my Lorinser Exhaust, I personally applied to LTA for the approval.

During my 1st VIACOM inspection (3 years old car) earlier this year, at the last inspection station when they checked the undercarriage, the technician came up from the inspection pit and comment on my exhaust is not original to the car. I showed him the approval letter from LTA/VIACOM and he thanks me and went back down into the inspection pit. ;D ;D ;D

There's some hussle to apply approval from LTA for the exhaust unless you have the time for it. So if you like the AMG, it's the easiest path to take.

Remus exhausts is approved by LTA but I dun think you want that on your ride ;)

uncle, what docs will be required to apply for the approval? i guess i need to apply approval for my Brabus exhaust.

Guest kepiting1sg

uncle, what docs will be required to apply for the approval? i guess i need to apply approval for my Brabus exhaust.

1. Write to LTA your intention to convert your exhaust

2. They will need the following items from you.

a. Catalog of the Brabus Exhaust indicating that it's meant for your W204 and model/serial number of the part

b. A sketch of before & after the modifications.

c. TUV Certifications (Probably U can get from Brabus or Agent) for Noise & Pollution Standards and clearly staing the exhaust model/serial number that is meant for your W204.

3. Once approval is given by LTA, you will get the letter to VIACOM for an inspection after installation.

Once passed inspection VIACOM will gip U a luv letter to keep for the approval.