• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

iPod Connection

Guest mar-cer-lee

Guest mar-cer-lee

Sorry if this question has been asked several times. Can anyone advise me how can I connect my iPod to my E-Class? I don't want to connect it via FM transmitter and my car does not have Command APS. C&C tells me that iPod connection kit only available for models with Command APS. Thanks in advance.

Sorry if this question has been asked several times. Can anyone advise me how can I connect my iPod to my E-Class? I don't want to connect it via FM transmitter and my car does not have Command APS. C&C tells me that iPod connection kit only available for models with Command APS. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

U need to get a new audio player for the car that supports Ipod playback. And also a adapter for it. That is the best way to get the best sound quality.

You might want to try Pin Liang Enterprise who does it very frequently. I got mine done there as well.

Heres the address n tel num.

Block 92 Zion Road #01-197

(Junction of Kim Seng Road & Havelock Road )

(Opposite Concorde Hotel) Singapore 160092

Republic of Singapore

(65) 67341717 or (65) 67343834

Hope it helps

Guest angela

Hi,

U need to get a new audio player for the car that supports Ipod playback. And also a adapter for it. That is the best way to get the best sound quality.

You might want to try Pin Liang Enterprise who does it very frequently. I got mine done there as well.

Heres the address n tel num.

Block 92 Zion Road #01-197

(Junction of Kim Seng Road & Havelock Road )

(Opposite Concorde Hotel) Singapore 160092

Republic of Singapore

(65) 67341717 or (65) 67343834

Hope it helps

This is an expensive solution isn't it? To replace the whole headunit just for ipod connection? Also, I think the new E200 comes with a front loading 6 disc changer. To change the whole thing will not be cost effective.

[This is an expensive solution isn't it? To replace the whole headunit just for ipod connection? Also, I think the new E200 comes with a front loading 6 disc changer. To change the whole thing will not be cost effective.

Hi,

I am not sure if mar-ce-lee is using the front panel loading disc changer. If he is then I believe he should be able to use the C&C Ipod Kit. If not then I guess thats the only other alternative. I tried the FM transmitter, cassette type adapter. If sound quality is not really of an issue then the cassette adapter will be the best alternative cost effective wise.

Mine was simpler cos it was an older version C W203 with an empty slot. It is costly but the end result and sound quality was the best I reckon.

Think it is best to seek the pros for better solution. Pin Liang is not bad cos they are not afraid to work with merc.

Cheerios~

indash.jpg

Guest angela

OKL,

A separate question. How do you find the sound of ipod coming through your car sound system? I find that the ipod music lacks of details and sound very hollow without the body and substance compare to the original CD where the sound track was ripped from. Do you feel the same?

Guest mekenics

OKL ]

[This is an expensive solution isn' wrote:

Hi,

I am not sure if mar-ce-lee is using the front panel loading disc changer. If he is then I believe he should be able to use the C&C Ipod Kit. If not then I guess thats the only other alternative. I tried the FM transmitter, cassette type adapter. If sound quality is not really of an issue then the cassette adapter will be the best alternative cost effective wise.

Mine was simpler cos it was an older version C W203 with an empty slot. It is costly but the end result and sound quality was the best I reckon.

Think it is best to seek the pros for better solution. Pin Liang is not bad cos they are not afraid to work with merc.

Cheerios~

indash.jpg

bro i borrow ur pic & post in the ice section pics

thks

Guest kepiting1sg

OKL,

A separate question. How do you find the sound of ipod coming through your car sound system? I find that the ipod music lacks of details and sound very hollow without the body and substance compare to the original CD where the sound track was ripped from. Do you feel the same?

IMHO,

Music compressed into MP3 or WMA format cannot be as good as the sound quality from the original CD.

Guest jenvid

OKL,

IMHO,

Music compressed into MP3 or WMA format cannot be as good as the sound quality from the original CD.

Apple lossless dude...

BTW my SE tells me a Merc stockist somewhere in SG thinks they are able to hook the Merc iPod to the new FL E Audio 20, though even MBWorld says otherwise cuz we using the R171 headunit.

Still evaluating my options for my audio upgrade on my FL E, will check them out it a few wks time...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mar-cer-lee

Hi All,

Mine E-Class come with the front load 6 disc changer and is equipped with phone, so don't really want to remove original head unit. Doesn't our head unit have a line out feature or some adapter to allow that?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest angela

Dear Friend,

Plse check with C&C again and ask them about the Ipod interface kit for your E class.

In order for the Ipod interface kit to work on your car, it has to be an #20 Audio model at least...btw is the entry model for all E class models.

The Ipod Interface kit is for you to connect to your Ipod and the controls can be therefore controlled via your steering wheel. The name of the songs will also be display at the front panel in between your meters.BTW, the Ipod is positioned in the glove box compartment...so it can't be seen....very tidy design though.

Suggest you check with them again.

Good luck...

best ...yeongb ;D

• 1 month later...
Guest B4Benz

Dear all,

Wonder if anyone knows where to get the iPod connection kit/wires for a c180k (FL 04) audio 20; prewired??

I'm not looking for the official integration kit coz it doesn't display chinese characters, and the music i carry is mainly chinese, cantonese.

I spoke to C&C at Alexandra, and they offered a cable with labour at $80 + $200. Problem is i still have to get another final cable to connect to iPOD headphone line out. Not sure if a cable to the iPOD (dock) is available.

End result - can have some decent music from the iPOD, although manually controlled.

Cons - can't charge the iPOD simultaneously, and seems pricey just to locate the AUX output of the HU.

Below is a link to the old forum with pictures....not sure if works.

http://www.2uned.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162&highlight=ipod

Guest jenvid

I think the price of the cable is ard there $80. Std merc part but the labour hor... Since u are listening to chinese/canto stuff, suggest that u spend another $100 or so to get the belkin car charger kit within line out. It comes with a cigarette lighter socket, a dock connector, volume knob and a line out jack.

Alternatively you can get an car audio shop to hook it up for u.

For me, here's what I did.

I strip the belkin apart, line out connector straight to aux in, power line in dock connector to a switched power source. use the ipod remote as a disc jockey.

All this before I switch to the HK Drive+Play & convert my chinese/canto stuff titles to english equivalent. CDDB shld have the most of the English equivalent nowadays.

One way or another you need the merc aux out....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest B4Benz

Thanks Jenvid!

In the end i went to C&C at Alexandra and they hooked up the aux out cable for $80......that's it......One of their senior techs Mr Gobi was really hospitable.

The cable runs out from the aluminium trim next to the gear lever. Still neat by my standards.....

Sound quality from the line out is better than FM for sure!

Will post a pic here when there's time.

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, I also did an AUX line out (like a earphone jack plug) out from my car.. cost my 10 bucks.. took only less than 10min for them to do it.. apparently my 10 yr old blaupunkt headunit has a AUX lineout.. so save the money.. also managed to hook to my U1000.. so now my phone is serves as a MP3.. the bad thing of coz is the music quality.. yup.. MP3 is definitely not as good as the CD.. but no choice lag.. this is for convenience..

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi guys,

i know this thread has not been posted anytime recently, but i'm sick and tired of either buying CDs or burning CDs for my car when i have over 40GBs of songs on my ipod.

I'm actually driving the w219 and i'm not too sure which head unit i'm using. (Its the one with the 6 front loading cd changer if that helps)

Anyway, is there anyway, either from C&C or OEM, that i can hook up my ipod, w/o using fm transmitter or cassette (since i dont have a cassette slot)?

Also, it'll be great if i can actually choose songs from my steering wheel.

Any suggestions?

Anyway, is there anyway, either from C&C or OEM, that i can hook up my ipod, w/o using fm transmitter or cassette (since i dont have a cassette slot)?

Also, it'll be great if i can actually choose songs from my steering wheel.

Any suggestions?

Check out the Harman Kardon Drive + Play. ;)

Hi guys, I also did an AUX line out (like a earphone jack plug) out from my car.. cost my 10 bucks.. took only less than 10min for them to do it.. apparently my 10 yr old blaupunkt headunit has a AUX lineout.. so save the money.. also managed to hook to my U1000.. so now my phone is serves as a MP3.. the bad thing of coz is the music quality.. yup.. MP3 is definitely not as good as the CD.. but no choice lag.. this is for convenience..

The sound quality can also be affected by the format you rip your files in, if your phone has a big enough memory space you can always try using .wav files or some lossless format.

Check out the Harman Kardon Drive + Play. ;)

By far the best option I wld say. Though be careful how the audio cables are run. It is very suspectible to engine whine & the processor box is prone to GSM interference.

Errm, no chinese char support :(