• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Advice Needed for buying a pre owned E230

Guest Kinki

Hi, i am very new to cars. Can anyone advice me on the diiferent models of E230 available and the reasonable price range. As i have seen newspaper advertising and the price varies from 95k to 120k.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinki wrote:

Hmm. Can i know is it all E230 after year 2007 are 7G Tronic. Can I know what is the diiference between Kompressor and 7G Tronic?

Cars badged as "Kompressor" models indicate that the car is equipped with a supercharger / compressor. Kompressor is the German spelling for compressor.

The 7G Tronic is a 7 speed transmission that promotes smoother shifting between gears. It has 7 forward gears and 2 reverse gears.

Guest kepiting1sg

Kinki wrote:

Hmm. Can i know is it all E230 after year 2007 are 7G Tronic. Can I know what is the diiference between Kompressor and 7G Tronic?

For the W211 Kompressor is a E Class 1.8L Supercharged Engine

Year '02 to May '06 Pre Face Lift - 164 hp Jun '06 to '09 FL - 184 bhp

W211 E240 (Pre FL Mar 03 -) E240 is a 2598 cc (2.6L) NA V6 Cylinder engine

Output: 177hp at 5700rpm

Gear Box: 5 speed automatic

Acceleration 0-100km/h in 9.3sec.

Top speed of 231km/hr

W211 E230 (FL) is a 2497 cc (2.5L) NA V6 Cylinder engine

Output: 203hp at 6100rpm

Gear Box: 7 Speed G-Tronics

Torque: 245 Nm

Acceleration 0-100km/h in 8.9sec.

Top speed of 240km/hr

Hmm. By the way can i know whether how the OMV and COE affect the price of pre owned car? Bcos i am comparing between two of the E230 but the price varies by $9000. The year of reg for both the car is 2007 the only different is only in the COE. The COE differ by $3000 for the 2 cars. Does it mean that the cheaper car (with lower COE) is of a better offer?

Guest kepiting1sg

Kinki wrote:

Hmm. By the way can i know whether how the OMV and COE affect the price of pre owned car? Bcos i am comparing between two of the E230 but the price varies by $9000. The year of reg for both the car is 2007 the only different is only in the COE. The COE differ by $3000 for the 2 cars. Does it mean that the cheaper car (with lower COE) is of a better offer?

Buying a car when just comparing OMV & COE, buying the car with a car with a higher COE & OMV is definitely a better buy for the buyer if both cars are of the same selling price.

A higher OMV & COE mean the "paper value" of the car is higher when selling or scraping the car.

If the COE & OMV does not differ much, there are many other considerations to look at, eg. mileage, condition, color, accessories, number of owners, etc.,