• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W211 converting to Facelift version

Guest bac

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

bro, i'm on the FL W211. i think not really worth converting the whole look. cause its rather minor in my opnion. Wing mirror. larger grill. etc etc.. and of course, so many FLs on the road.

my 2 cts worth is to go with something different since you're going to spend the money!

may i suggest perhaps a set of 18-19' rims? (E63 rims - i would love to do that on my FL W211)

- can look around the forum. i think bro Sohail posted some photos(started thread) on rims few months back. can get location from there.

then throw in lowered springs to get the 1-1.5 finger spacing.

- not too sure besides MBM, look out for bros selling here! perhaps bros can advise.

HID projectors & some LED lights for plates.

- online for HID kits? Unker batam can GUIDE you to the poisons?! hahha. LED lights from new sponser BimShop?

body kits - why not go for tuner kits? AMG, Brabus.. etc.. don't forget QUAD exhaust.

- honestly, i only know MBM. maybe other bros can advise?

and like modding pros here would always say.

Kleeman KBOX & Pulley

Kleeman headers

straight through exhaust (maybe operated?)

Sprint booster

ECU tune (Bro ACSLK ?) hahaha.

hope you find my 2 cts worth useful. good to see W211 bros around!

Guest alumetal

Actually it depends what you want.

If you are looking into performance, i think bro funng is rather valid.

If you are going for looks, than FL w211 is definitely more pleasing.... and maybe better resell too !

Otherwise among all items mentioned by bro funng, Sprint Booster is definitely a must try !!

rkrskr wrote:

I called MBM. It costs $8.8k with installation! Comes with Xenon headlamps and LED brake lights.

Unless you're going for a different look other than the FL ie, AMG or some other styling house, personally, I'd spend it on the increasing the performance slightly instead (not in order of priority)

- kleemann upgrade kit

- big brake kit

- suspension

- sportier exhaust system

Simple upgrades to aid in driving pleasure I would say... Plus when you're done with horsing around, you can always sell off your upgrades pretty easily.

If you really like the FL look, might be better to just get an FL unit.

:becky: