• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

NGT

Guest esssevo

Guest esssevo

Hi all e200 NGT owners, nowadays, the car is taking very long to start... the cranking or sparking is very very long... went to MBM, they said spark plugs in good condition... anyone has same problems?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skydiver

Starting of all NGT or CNG cars is always on petrol mode. Cannot start the car using gas. Once engine is running, it'll switch to gas if you've selected gas as mode of operation. It is seamless. My E200 NGT does not have any problem starting so far. My CNG Estima has been running on gas for more than a year now and also did not encounter any starting problem.

esssevo --> Perhaps you should bring your E200 NGT back to C&C for a check. Sounds like a controller / switch problem. No petrol going into engine until much later hence the long cranking. My 2 cents..

Guest skydiver

There will be a slight drop (insignificant) in power based on my experience on both my CNG Estima and E200 running on gas but definitely not sluggish. Once a while, you should let the car run on petrol just to clear the system. Don't carry a full tank of petrol if you run mostly on gas as it'll only make your car heavier. However, you should be concious of the distance travelled so that you can top-up the gas tank before it runs dry. For me, the Mandai Refuelling Station is only 9 km away from my house so it is very convenient to top up on the way home from work.