• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

JB Encounter

Guest SS TAY

Guest SS TAY
last weekend, after our golfing, we went sentosa(JB) to have our lunch. when we reached the place, it was crowded as usual. total we have six cars. all my friends managed to park their car along the road side. while for me, i managed to find a lot behind one of the shop houses. both of us need to walk quite distance to the food stall to meet the rest of them.

after the meal, it was about 1400HR. all of us decided to go back sing. two of us went back to my car. while i was closing the door to start the engine, suddenly there was one chinese man blocked the door and asked for money. on the other side, as my friend had already locked the door, there was another man standing there waving at him. on my side, these man mentioned that they were from the AID society and got AID and need money to eat. so i gave him 20rigt. he told me not enough. then i told him that i have no more money. all of the sudden, he took out one needle and pointed at me and mentioned that the needle had AID virus. my friend asked him to relax and took out 100 rigt and gave him. after they took the $$, they ran off. i intended to chase them, but my friend told me to forget it.

the thing i wanted to share here is that:

1) never park your car in the isolated area, even in the day time

2) for golfers, try to have your meal in the club house and then go straight back to sing

3) never go to JB alone

one more thing i would like to ask you guys' opinions:

if you were me in this situation what will you do...

give them the money or whack them? FYI, the two chinese guys are not big size.

Copy and paste from FD forum.

For bros that frequent across the causeway frequently.

The needle could be fake for all we know but i will still shit in my pants if this happens to me.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest angela

what a terrible experience that must have been. i dun go near my cars when there are people ard me if im in a quiet area.

and golfers might wanna leave that 7 iron beside the lower door stil for easy reach. u never know when theres a need to hit some balls - literally.

Guest domenech

although giving them the money seems less hassling but I would like to go with the wacking part. next time if it happens again worth to have a go. LOL. beat the shit out of these m'sian bullies on singaporeans.

:swduel: :death:

Guest Raskie

bros, it happened to me ! trust me, they worked fast and you dun even have time to think ...

for me and my buddy, we were too engrossed talking to notice him and when we got into my seats, the guy block the passenger door with his body and started waving the needle .. my friend held his hand firmly. The funny thing is that another chinese chap selling newspaper walked towards myside and tried to open the door and I quickly activate the central lock and he could not.

i told my friend to hold on and I started the car and reverse slowly .. the chinese chap behind the car jumped out of the way and the malay guy with needle started to lose his footing ... my friend using his free arm threw some $1 ringgit notes on the floor and told him to take it ...

feeling he is losing the 'battle' .. he shouted ok ok and let go .. my friend slam the door shut which whacked him hard on the arm and off we went ... from rear view mirror, cld see him picking up the notes

lot of pple were standing by the shops and looking ...

morale of story - keep your eyes open as you walked towards the car .. if u sense something not rite, walk towards the crowd ... when in car, quickly close door and central lock .. dun dilly-dally ...

no point picking a fight with them ...just get out ...

Guest angela

bros, it happened to me ! trust me, they worked fast and you dun even have time to think ...

point noted.

i told my friend to hold on and I started the car and reverse slowly .. the chinese chap behind the car jumped out of the way and the malay guy with needle started to lose his footing ... my friend using his free arm threw some $1 ringgit notes on the floor and told him to take it ...

if others put your life at risk wouldnt u do the same? flooring the pedal might teach them a lesson they need to learn.

morale of story - keep your eyes open as you walked towards the car .. if u sense something not rite, walk towards the crowd ... when in car, quickly close door and central lock .. dun dilly-dally ...

just came back from malaysia. after reading this story it we decided to take turns while going to the toilet, pump petrol, wait outside, etc. 3 of us go first, den come back and guard duty while the other 3 go toilet.

no point picking a fight with them ...just get out ...

theres truth in this... my group of friends always say that if kena "accident" by other vehicle in malaysia in an attempt to rob or kidnap you, shouldn't we retaliate by steering our 2 tons of steel back into them? surely our contiential cars would make a greater impact as it probably has the most "toughness" of body work ard... however after u trash their POS into the side wall you have to change quite a bit of body work.. not worth it...

Guest Raskie

i think we know quite abit on how JB operates ... sadly even the men-in-uniform ... :death:

a M'sian taxi rammed into my side doing an illegal U-turn, i called police and say wait for them, they took almost 1hour to arrive, in 5 min, 2 tow trucks appear and offer service which I decline. In that hour, I think approached by at least 5-6 tow truck coy !

Car can still drive so went with taxi and police to station for statement ... was told need to fill up report ... i wrote in english and was rejected. the policewoman then say you tell, i write ... the report was in Malay and I had to sign on the report ! Was told they will charge taxi-driver with dangerous driving but saw taxi-driver smiling and leaving the station while I was still there writing report ! Btw, the policewoman is Chinese.

Back home, I check with Malay friend the report ... it was 80% correct - sigh. My insurance claim took 1 year 3 months but got my NCD intact and claims done. My Ins Coy 'wash-hand', I spent a few weekends driving to JPJ, police station and writing letters with help from AA. My experience with JPJ is another eye-opening experience .. another story lah !

So in reply to Bro Willy about retaliating ... forget it ... in there, it's your words against theirs and unless you know pple there, you are fighting a long and tiring battle, with the crooks, the system. the men-in-uniform and their whatevers. If I had slam the reverse and maimed or killed the chap, I think I will get into more troubles !

Like I say, stay alert, be quick and move off quickly.

Guest kepiting1sg

Bro Raskie,

These happenings are the norm in 3rd world countries!

Previously Fantasy Island could be as bad as the guy 1st poked U with a knife, so the victim will not be able to struggle while the robber search the victim body for money and valuables.

Guest Raskie

unker,you are rite ... u sometimes read these days, robbers becoming more dangerous, can maimed you just to steal .. ram your car or pull necklace/handbag from speeding motor .. aiyoh ..

Guest Raskie

just to add my encounter in JPJ ...

was told they open at 0830am ... so drive up early at 7.30am ... arrive at 0820am ... when door open at 0830am, one guy ahead of me in the queue at counter ... so I think should be quite fast ...

the chap took 10min to serve that guy and when done, I walk up and about to put the form through the counter window, the chap behind said (in Malay) "brother, please wait, morning tea-break" and put the "Closed" sign and off he went ....

Came back sharp at 0900am and took 5min to serve me ... btw, there was no one else behind me ... sigh ...

:punk1:

Guest kepiting1sg

unker,you are rite ... u sometimes read these days, robbers becoming more dangerous, can maimed you just to steal .. ram your car or pull necklace/handbag from speeding motor .. aiyoh ..

Last time where got pull necklace/handbag from speeding motor.

This one too bad imported from Indon.

Local term in Indonesia for this crime is call Jambret.

Malaysia I dun think they have a word for such crime in Malay. :2guns: