• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Upgrading stock speakers in B-Class

Guest 777kenny

Guest 777kenny

Have anyone done this? I know the front doors speakers are 6.5"...are the back door ones the same size too?

I'm thinking of just swapping out the stock speakers with after market ones. Any installer to recommend for the relatively simple job? Preferably those who are experienced in installing merc cars.

Thanks ;)

Guest kepiting1sg

You can check out the following installers:-

Swift Motion - Kaki Bukit Road 1 - Sam - tel: 62966330

New Generation - 53 Ubi Ave 1 #01-44 - Cartoon - tel: 6348 6220

King'S Way -1085 Eunos Ave 7A #01-48 - Ken - tel: 6743-9993

Konceptz Audio - 148 Mackenzie Rd - Mok - tel : 6338-1662

Hong Guan - 20 Bt Batok Cres #01-18 -tel : 6515-1309

Chuan Sing - 29 Sin Ming Drive #01-229/231 - tel: 6457-0279

IMHO, Swift Motion & new Generation are very familar with Merc.

• 1 month later...

Have anyone done this? I know the front doors speakers are 6.5"...are the back door ones the same size too?

I'm thinking of just swapping out the stock speakers with after market ones. Any installer to recommend for the relatively simple job? Preferably those who are experienced in installing merc cars.

Thanks ;)

does changing the speakers without adding amps helps??

wat abt the warranty part?? will it void??

Guest 777kenny

Absolutely it does help! I just changed the front component speakers ($300+ range)...added soundproofing to the front doors...and I could already hear the sound improved significantly! Didn't bother changing the rear door speakers...i just balanced all the sound to the front.

Upgrading other stuff on top of that will definitely improve the sound further...but not in a such significant amount as compared to the above.

My 2 cents ;)

Absolutely it does help! I just changed the front component speakers ($300+ range)...added soundproofing to the front doors...and I could already hear the sound improved significantly! Didn't bother changing the rear door speakers...i just balanced all the sound to the front.

Upgrading other stuff on top of that will definitely improve the sound further...but not in a such significant amount as compared to the above.

My 2 cents ;)

Thank you for your advise :)

Guest kepiting1sg

IMHO,

Changing speakers will be the most noticeable improvement.

Dun spend too much on amps.

Rather spend on a good HU/processor before spending on amp/amps.

IMHO,

Changing speakers will be the most noticeable improvement.

Dun spend too much on amps.

Rather spend on a good HU/processor before spending on amp/amps.

but the audio system came standard... how to change??

Guest 777kenny

Can be done ;) They (the audio shop) can take away the original HU (eg. Audio 20)...put in an after-market HU of ur choice, with a bracket that 'flush' with the console nicely.

Guest kepiting1sg

IMHO and Rp 1.00 worth ;D

How much you want to do your ICE depends on you. ;)

For me, I kept the stock HU & CD Changer but took out all the stock speakers & stock subwoofer.

Then I use the output of the stock as a signal input to my after market

sound system (Face Plate, Tuner, CD Transport/Processor, amps, speakers & sub woofers)

This way when I am playing the stock system through my after market system,

the controls on the steering wheel still function.

My dashboard

160357_65_full.jpg

My ICE hardwares - Sony XES Z50 system + Brax 2000 + a/d/s Ltd Edition 310px subwoofers

160357_64_full.jpg

160357_67_full.jpg

160357_69_full.jpg

Here are some options which you may like to consider.

Which one you may prefer, depends on what you are looking for and also your budget. This is best discuss with your installer.

1. Keep the stock Audio 20, dump the stock speakers and stock subwoofer and add a complete after market system like me (Steering controls work when playing stock system) - You do not need to follow what I do. ;D

2. You can dump the stock Audio 20 system and instal a complete after market ICE system (No more steering control)

3. Keep the stock Audi 20 system, get a after market processor (eg. Alpine H701), amps, speakers, subwoofer/subwoofers (No steering control)

4. Keep the stock Audio 20, add amp/amps(amp that can take high inputs or use a Hi-Lo RCA converter), change the stock speakers and or stock subwoofer (Has steering control)

5. Keep the stock Audio 20 and just change the stock speakers and or stock subwoofer (Has steering control)

Good Luck!

IMHO and Rp 1.00 worth ;D

How much you want to do your ICE depends on you. ;)

For me, I kept the stock HU & CD Changer but took out all the stock speakers & stock subwoofer.

Then I use the output of the stock as a signal input to my after market

sound system (Face Plate, Tuner, CD Transport/Processor, amps, speakers & sub woofers)

This way when I am playing the stock system through my after market system,

the controls on the steering wheel still function.

Here are some options which you may like to consider.

Which one you may prefer, depends on what you are looking for and also your budget. This is best discuss with your installer.

1. Keep the stock Audio 20, dump the stock speakers and stock subwoofer and add a complete after market system like me (Steering controls work when playing stock system) - You do not need to follow what I do. ;D

2. You can dump the stock Audio 20 system and instal a complete after market ICE system (No more steering control)

3. Keep the stock Audi 20 system, get a after market processor (eg. Alpine H701), amps, speakers, subwoofer/subwoofers (No steering control)

4. Keep the stock Audio 20, add amp/amps(amp that can take high inputs or use a Hi-Lo RCA converter), change the stock speakers and or stock subwoofer (Has steering control)

5. Keep the stock Audio 20 and just change the stock speakers and or stock subwoofer (Has steering control)

Good Luck!

Cool guys!! thanks!! :)