• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

225/45/17 or 215/45/17?

Guest cong

Hi all, my B's tyres are running thin so I intend to change to new shoes.

Realised that the tyres are on 215/45/17, but when searching on tyrepac and also converting from B200 stock size of 205/55/16, the closer size should be 225/45/17 instead. Any bros use 225/45/17 tyres on their B's?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kepiting1sg

Hi all, my B's tyres are running thin so I intend to change to new shoes.

Realised that the tyres are on 215/45/17, but when searching on tyrepac and also converting from B200 stock size of 205/55/16, the closer size should be 225/45/17 instead. Any bros use 225/45/17 tyres on their B's?

IMHO,

225/45/17(+0.38% bigger than stock tire circumference) will be a nearer equilvalent than 215/45/17 (-1.04% smaller than stock tire circumference)

Guest Arf-er

::) I went for 205/55R17s !!

Wanted a softer magic-carpet ride, so went for higher rubber. Was prepared to sacrifice some degree of hair-pin turning prowess which, in my case of a B170; shouldn't be done anyway cos the car's sooo docile that it can't even pretend to be a hot hatch! :death: No Elk tests for me.

Secretly wished that i had gotten the B200 instead lor... but for what it is; am happy steering this barge around...

Wah bro, you are 5.8% above the stock size!! you power man!! I thought recommendation is to stay within 2 to 3% of stock size so as not to cause braking issues?

Anyway, I think I'll stick to 215/45/17. Thanks for all replies, comments so far.