• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

How Long Will The Original W203 Battery Last?

Guest skipper

I still have the original W203 battery in my bonnet since the day I got my car. It's now 3 years old and my car has done 66,000km.

Just need an opinion whether I should change the battery now as I do not want my car to go kaput at the most inconvenient time.

Anyone?

My original W203 battery went dead at 33000 km.

It cost me more than $200 to replace and it has lasted till now at 110000 km; hopefully it will go on.

I had a shock the first time I saw that battery; it's huge like those on a lorry. :o

• 2 months later...

I still have the original W203 battery in my bonnet since the day I got my car. It's now 3 years old and my car has done 66,000km.

Just need an opinion whether I should change the battery now as I do not want my car to go kaput at the most inconvenient time.

Anyone?

got my w203 in march 2004. until now still havent given battery problems. but thinking of changing soon. wont there be a low light battery warning sign to tell you when its about to die? if i recall correctly, my old w202 had that warning sign..

Guest kepiting1sg

got my w203 in march 2004. until now still havent given battery problems. but thinking of changing soon. wont there be a low light battery warning sign to tell you when its about to die? if i recall correctly, my old w202 had that warning sign..

You are a very lucky guy to have your battery lasted so long.

My w203 Feb 2004 conked out after 2 years+ without any warning signs.

Parked the car, came back an hour later, the battery was totally flat. :(

It was probably an internal short circuit in the battery.

It was a Sunday afternoon and got AA breakdown service to change the battery.

You are a very lucky guy to have your battery lasted so long.

My w203 Feb 2004 conked out after 2 years+ without any warning signs.

Parked the car, came back an hour later, the battery was totally flat. :(

It was probably an internal short circuit in the battery.

It was a Sunday afternoon and got AA breakdown service to change the battery.

luck of the game bro.. maybe you should have waited 1 month later to collect your car.. thats when i got mine. march is lucky mth. XD.