• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Made in Japan PI SLK200 with poor radio signal

Guest ivanchan

Guest ivanchan

Hi everyone,

need some advice again. my ride is a 2007 R171 preFL SLK200 from Japan. I was informed that the radio on my command APS is in "working" condition and all I need to do is to -10 from the stations, pretty much like the Jap PI cars like the Toyotas etc. However, the signal is reali poor and I wonder whether wat can b done to boost the poor reception. Some has advised installing a booster into my ICE.

All advice appreciated.

Cheers

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

so far i think it can't be help so you will just have to stick with the -10 concept......if not why dun you call up C&C and see if they sell the local radio set and hope it can solve your problem.......

cheers.....

Guest ivanchan

thanks for reply Alvin.....on a side note, car is more responsive now...haha. thks for yr quaddie.

We can live with the -10 concept, bt prob is the signal is stil bad. so bad dat once the car moves, we cant hear the radio anymore. hmm, juz wondering am I the only Jap SLK or merc here or others hav similar issues n solved it.

Cheers

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

so far you are the only SLK (havent heard any other Mercs like yours)............but i've heard a few BMW also same issue (as theirs is an imported used from Japan)....

Nevermind...listen to CDs better......

More vroom vroom sounds if you operate your quad then really dun need to turn on radio already......

remember to mod it:

1) Kleemann Boost Kit

2) Kleemann Headers

3) C230 Supercharger

4) Brisk Plugs

5) Sprint Booster

6) Plugs Booster

sure more Vroom Vroom.................

cheers

Hi Ivan,

so far you are the only SLK (havent heard any other Mercs like yours)............but i've heard a few BMW also same issue (as theirs is an imported used from Japan)....

More vroom vroom sounds if you operate your quad then really dun need to turn on radio already......

remember to mod it:

1) Kleemann Boost Kit

2) Kleemann Headers

3) C230 Supercharger

4) Brisk Plugs

5) Sprint Booster

6) Plugs Booster

cheers

hahah ACSLK.. you are always so poisonous.. ehhehe :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Guest ivanchan

Hi Ivan,

remember to mod it:

OMG.....reali poison......haha. bt may reali mod it as found the SLK200 kind of sluggish. haha. sigh, sian, limited resources, unlimited wants....

Cheers

1) Kleemann Boost Kit

2) Kleemann Headers

3) C230 Supercharger

4) Brisk Plugs

5) Sprint Booster

6) Plugs Booster

cheers

Guest ivanchan

Hi,

You might want to try to buy a frequency converter. Can try Sim Lim Tower.

http://www.epoi.com/japanese_car_radios.html

If I am not wrong, I think you need at least two converters as there are two FM antennas in the car.

Cheers

Hey, thks for tis info.....some ICE shop told me tis converter wil solve my -10 prob but signal wil stil b bad...hmm, watever, I wil stil try it. Beggars cant b choosers....

thks for the tip...

Cheers

Guest ivanchan

mine also Japan spec, but mine a CLK.

not only above prob encoutered. at frst my clock also ahead of 1 hour. luckily problem solved now.

Looks like Japanese cannot build German cars yah? hah.......so dude, u left yr radio problem aside? juz listen to CD ah like wat ACSLK says....

no la, car still built in germany mah. just that they cater for localization.

currently still live with CD lo. radio cant go beyond 90.0mhz still, coz i dont know where can do the booster.

yesterday went to Pin Liang ask for Dension MP3 converter, but costs at 1.2k.

i heard some command system can actually enter into engineering mode to enable mp3 and video in motion etc.

dont knwo anyone succed in it?

Guest kepiting1sg

Hey, thks for tis info.....some ICE shop told me tis converter wil solve my -10 prob but signal wil stil b bad...hmm, watever, I wil stil try it. Beggars cant b choosers....

thks for the tip...

Cheers

With the FM Frequency converter, U might be able to get a few stations but signal strength will still be quite bad.

I've run that with a Japanese HU before

sometime to read but imho dun believe the whole truth! ;D

http://autospeed.com/cms/title_FM-Frequency-Converter-/A_2267/article.html

Guest ivanchan

currently still live with CD lo. radio cant go beyond 90.0mhz still, coz i dont know where can do the booster.

i heard some command system can actually enter into engineering mode to enable mp3 and video in motion etc.

Hi bro, strangely, I juz went to Pin Liang to ask for help. Spoke to Jackson. Superb service, told him my used SLK Jap spec. He allowed to try his New Zealand converter, with no strings attached. After installin tis, my FM problem seem to hav been solved, with almost all the stations like class 95, 98 etc all able to receive with little disturbances. OF course, no where near digital radio standards but at least I can drive, listen to radio with little noise....

Total damage is abt 250 bucks....include the booster, converter n 2 plugs. Thought its a decent price, given the top notch service.

Cheers

Ivan

Guest ivanchan

Kepiting1sg ]

thks for the tip...

Cheers

With the FM Frequency converter, U might be able to get a few stations but signal strength will still be quite bad.

I've run that with a Japanese HU before

sometime to read but imho dun believe the whole truth! wrote:

Thanks dude for the info.....appreciated. My issue kind of solved for now....

Guest bbwannabe

Hi bro, strangely, I juz went to Pin Liang to ask for help. Spoke to Jackson. Superb service, told him my used SLK Jap spec. He allowed to try his New Zealand converter, with no strings attached. After installin tis, my FM problem seem to hav been solved, with almost all the stations like class 95, 98 etc all able to receive with little disturbances. OF course, no where near digital radio standards but at least I can drive, listen to radio with little noise....

Total damage is abt 250 bucks....include the booster, converter n 2 plugs. Thought its a decent price, given the top notch service.

Cheers

Ivan

that is great news! enjoy your ride. =D