• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Exhaust tips and front mesh grill

Guest Merc-C

Hi all,

Been thinking whether should I mod to the AMG quad exhaust, for that will need to change to the whole AMG bodykit as well costing around 10K.

Or maybe just change the exhaust tips like this? Cheaper Alternative-

http://www.myhotmercedes.com/Mercedes_Benz/AA/Exhaust_Tips/Universal_-_2.25_Tip_Dual/549553

Also, would like to change the front mesh grill to the one same like the FL version, possible? Or need to change the whole bodykit again?

Appreciate all advice,

TIA! :iconsalut:

For the front you will need to change the front bumper to have the FL look. Its possible.

Me and Andrew will be too glad to sell to u :clap:

Thanks for the info :iconsalut:

If change only the front bumper will look funny. Guess have to change the whole bodykit then with the AMG quad exhaust. >:D;) :bboyspin:

For the front you will need to change the front bumper to have the FL look. Its possible.

Me and Andrew will be too glad to sell to u :clap:

Thanks for the info :iconsalut:

If change only the front bumper will look funny. Guess have to change the whole bodykit then with the AMG quad exhaust. >:D;) :bboyspin:

Hi Bro,

AMG quad exhos will have to go together with the AMG bodykit to complete the look..

AMG quad exhaust is the way to go. Not just for looks. It sound much more solid too.

With that yes you will have to mod all to balance the look. The FL front will not work out then.

Note theres a difference with SLK55 and SLK AMG bodykit.

:thumbsup:

AMG quad exhaust is the way to go. Not just for looks. It sound much more solid too.

With that yes you will have to mod all to balance the look. The FL front will not work out then.

Note theres a difference with SLK55 and SLK AMG bodykit.

:thumbsup:

Thanks for the info,

The price I got was for the new FL SLK55 AMG bodykit and quad exos. :)

Do remember to lower the car first above all else if you have yet done so.

Nice black SLK55 look..go for it~

8.)

Loved the look too. Now thinking hard whether worth to spend the money.. 10k :death: ;D :)

Hi Merc_C,

Full AMG bodykit....dun need 10K......who quoted you that pricing?

cheers

Hi Bro!

Got the quote from MBM. It's that on the high side? :)

Yet to check put pricing from Benzline...will do so once decided to go for it! :bboyspin:

Hi Merc_C,

cheers

Hi Bro!

Yet to check put pricing from Benzline...will do so once decided to go for it! :bboyspin:

Benzline cheaper cos they don't include labour. They will then recommend you to Auto Spritze for install. In the end the price also about the same. At most different $200 - $300.

The main factor for you is the workshop then. Auto Spritze or MBM?

Hi Merc_C,

cheers

Hi Bro!

Benzline cheaper cos they don't include labour. They will then recommend you to Auto Spritze for install. In the end the price also about the same. At most different $200 - $300.

The main factor for you is the workshop then. Auto Spritze or MBM?

If price diff not much, think MBM would be a better option. :)

Hi wrxy,

so long you don't do engine transplant......other than that.........after market suspension, rims, brakes and as for exhaust so long it is AMG or Brabus (so far i never heard either AMG or Brabus exhaust failed vicom)......even if you do an ECU re-mapped or upgrade your crank pulley also sure pass............

cheers

Alvin there is right but based on roughly what i know is that they are more particular bout the sound it makes and the emissions testing.

Example of illegal mods that wont pass will be taking out the cat and extractor which will affect both.

hah i know abt the basic inspection rules and all cuz my ride is pretty much modded up :laugh: but am just curious abt the amg/brabus exhaust cuz its known to be a grey area....rules claiming any aftermarket exhaust wld require papers to go along with em....am currently driving a civic type R and shld be heading towards a slk year end or by cny next year,see a lot of slks in the used market with amg exhausts so curious whether i wld require papers if i were to purchase any of em...

anyway thanks for the headsup and sry for borrowing thread...thanks for all your replies..cheers =)

hah i know abt the basic inspection rules and all cuz my ride is pretty much modded up :laugh: but am just curious abt the amg/brabus exhaust cuz its known to be a grey area....rules claiming any aftermarket exhaust wld require papers to go along with em....am currently driving a civic type R and shld be heading towards a slk year end or by cny next year,see a lot of slks in the used market with amg exhausts so curious whether i wld require papers if i were to purchase any of em...

anyway thanks for the headsup and sry for borrowing thread...thanks for all your replies..cheers =)

hey wrxy, u can refer to the following thread for more details:-

http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=801.msg50659#msg50659

If just adding exos tips - that will not have problem with LTA.

Recently got from BL 4 "AMG" exhaust tips and welded them to my W211.

If U mod your exhaust other than "approved type" such as AMG or Remus, U need approval from LTA.

I got my Lorinser exos from BL for my previous W203.

For the LTA approval, I wrote to LTA, submit sketches before/after of the exos layout, TUV Cert from Lorinser certifying that the exos is meant for the model of the car, satisfying the Noise & Pollution requirements.

Upon getting the in-principle approval from LTA, sent ride to Viacom for inspection ($55) and Viacom will issue

U a letter for U to keep in your ride.

Sent my previous W203 for routine inspection - 1 time they did not ask abt. the exos mod. Another time at the last station, the guy came out from the pit and asked abt. the exos. Show him the approval letter from Viacom/LTA, then he lan lan went back down to the pit.....heheheh!