• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

w124 fuel divider/ distributor

Guest mr w124

Hi guys. just did a top overhaul of my car. power improvement is excellent now. effortlessly reaches 140kmh without me even realising it. got my mech to tinker with the timing n tuning for better consumption. realised that the fuel divider, as my mech calls it, is failing. this became evident especially today after the tuning n the car shudders at standstill every few minutes.

Anyway, mech told me to get a used divider from the scrapyard. just wondering, how much would a new one be? checked ebay n i realised that it was the fuel distributor that hes talking abt. (the one with the 4 injection nozzles).

saw a guy advertising in sg for $700. is that the price new? Any feedback would be welcome. thanks.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best is get a current used ones, esp those you know going to kill off the car!

if i can remember, i done mine for about $500 to $ 600..

seriously news ones about $1.5K. there have been people who installed new ones, 2 weeks later the distributor K.O. , than they change to used ones, up till now still going fine!!

most of the times, from scrapyard, they will have warranty of 2 weeks at least for this distributor..

if you don't change it as times goes by ( actually this problem can close one eye for at least 6months), the problems that will come, will be, you will see lorries and buses over taking you!!, this is what i kena..... :banghead: and your top speed will reduce alot to almost KPE speed limit... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Thanks for the info kel. presently, mine was ok after the top overhaul. good pickup. then i told him to detune the power to get better consumption (big mistake). Then the car became VERY sluggish. lorries overtaking me at the lights. got to constantly drop gear n this makes the fc worse. mech said its the distributor. Also got jerks at standstil or slow movement but ok once we pick up speed. Correct me if i am wrong. i am thinking that the prob could be poor air-fuel mixture as it feels like the car not getting enough petrol. Again, could be due to the distributor.

Would it be wise to get one of those fuel cleaners from stp? the ones in the bottle (abt $21 i think). Scared that all the dirt from the injectors will clog the distributo further n kill it.

Thanks for the info kel. presently, mine was ok after the top overhaul. good pickup. then i told him to detune the power to get better consumption (big mistake). Then the car became VERY sluggish. lorries overtaking me at the lights. got to constantly drop gear n this makes the fc worse. mech said its the distributor. Also got jerks at standstil or slow movement but ok once we pick up speed. Correct me if i am wrong. i am thinking that the prob could be poor air-fuel mixture as it feels like the car not getting enough petrol. Again, could be due to the distributor.

Would it be wise to get one of those fuel cleaners from stp? the ones in the bottle (abt $21 i think). Scared that all the dirt from the injectors will clog the distributo further n kill it.

I did tried those fuel cleaners, but not STP brand, yup it clogs the distributor even more...... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Reinhold

Hi...

as you guys are saying...the sluggishness are due to the fuel distributors?? mine will jerk while changing gears when I drove off from standstill. afterwhich when changing gear the rpm will drop from 2.5k to 1.5k...the car seems heavy too...

fyi...i can cover up to 460km on full tank. have also change the fuel distributor abt 2months ago i tink.

oh and the car is 200e...1989..upgraded ;)

regards

Hi...

as you guys are saying...the sluggishness are due to the fuel distributors?? mine will jerk while changing gears when I drove off from standstill. afterwhich when changing gear the rpm will drop from 2.5k to 1.5k...the car seems heavy too...

fyi...i can cover up to 460km on full tank. have also change the fuel distributor abt 2months ago i tink.

oh and the car is 200e...1989..upgraded ;)

regards

go do gearbox overhaul... :devil2:

Check with you - does this problem give you this symptom too: ie your car is very hard to start after it has run up the engine to warm. H/v, when engine is cold in the morning - perfectly no problem. I've changed the fuel accumulator (new one which costed me $210) and it still same problem...

Any bro know why?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mr w124

Back to my fuel distributor prob. After my top overhaul used to get abt 470km per full tank. then 400 n very sluggish. now after tuning the fuel mixture, half tank got abt 270km (good for me) n there was power. Now suddenly like there is a loss of power sometimes. E.g. if starting off there is no power, it will continue that way right up till 4th gear. gear will be jerky during changes. Other times, got power n virtually seamles shifts. My mech tried to adjust the gear changing ratio (this started all the jerkiness) cos i wanted to shift at 2.5k rpm instead of 2k like it used to. He adjusted it by turning this screw like knob near where we can press the accelerator cable from the engine (press it manually to rev)

So, my question is, could this sometimes loss of power be due to the gear adjustment or fuel distributor? cos prior to adjusting the gear, there was either alot of power, or after i tune lower then no power. never had the situation where the power changes differently everytime i start to move off. Alomost like whether i have good luck that day then will have good power. Weird.

Pls help. am really in a bind as i do not want to waste money buying the fuel distributor only to find out that the prob not going away. Fyi my mileage at half tank now is abt 175km. No revving beyond 3.5k on higway n shifting at abt 2.5k....... Used to rev hard n change last time n could get 160km on QUARTER tank. Dont know wats wrong now.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mr w124

Well i have done the fuel divider. Got one from propel. Also had to get a recon auto box job done at top speed motors due to a prob with the reverse gear. Kept hopping n sometimes would not move in reverse. Furthermore, the atf was completely black n burnt despite me changing it just 2 months ago. Changed the atf 3 days ago n it became burnt within a day so decided to get a recon box. Also, the gears kept jumping from 3 to 4. quite an odd feeling. Not sure how to describe it. Anyway, now that i have a recon gearbox it really feels good man. smooth. Only prob is that even in E mode, the car starts of at gear 1 if i floor the acc pedal. I know its not supposed to do that. Also, it only shifts high at abt 3k rpm. so i have to take my foot off the gas at abt 2,8k before it would shift. quite irritating. But i believe thats due to the pressure that can be adjusted.

Finally, depite having a new box, i find that the pick up power from standstill seems to have gotten worse. Got to go down n see them agin to tune i guess.

mr w124 wrote:

Well i have done the fuel divider. Got one from propel. Also had to get a recon auto box job done at top speed motors due to a prob with the reverse gear. Kept hopping n sometimes would not move in reverse. Furthermore, the atf was completely black n burnt despite me changing it just 2 months ago. Changed the atf 3 days ago n it became burnt within a day so decided to get a recon box. Also, the gears kept jumping from 3 to 4. quite an odd feeling. Not sure how to describe it. Anyway, now that i have a recon gearbox it really feels good man. smooth. Only prob is that even in E mode, the car starts of at gear 1 if i floor the acc pedal. I know its not supposed to do that. Also, it only shifts high at abt 3k rpm. so i have to take my foot off the gas at abt 2,8k before it would shift. quite irritating. But i believe thats due to the pressure that can be adjusted.

Finally, depite having a new box, i find that the pick up power from standstill seems to have gotten worse. Got to go down n see them agin to tune i guess.

Sounds like you might have to adjust your transmission cable. As you've suggested, you should check your pressure too. :)

Guest mr w124

Well i did go down today n he told me the pressure does not need to be adjusted, just the cable. much better now though still a little high for me. But now i know how to adjust it myself so can do it. starts from 1st gear whether in e or s. he said its norm but i have to adjust the cable if i dont want the 1st gear start in e mode. prob with doing that is that 4th gear comes in too early apparently. so i will try tomorrow n see how it goes. better that we know how to do it ourselves so that we can tune it to our liking.

Guest jameslhm

mr w124 wrote:

Well i did go down today n he told me the pressure does not need to be adjusted, just the cable. much better now though still a little high for me. But now i know how to adjust it myself so can do it. starts from 1st gear whether in e or s. he said its norm but i have to adjust the cable if i dont want the 1st gear start in e mode. prob with doing that is that 4th gear comes in too early apparently. so i will try tomorrow n see how it goes. better that we know how to do it ourselves so that we can tune it to our liking.

bro how everything going smooth????