• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SLK AMG Rims

Guest goheh28

Need advice as to whether any good work shop that will take in brand new SLK 300 rims with good trade in value for new AMG rims.

I expect to take delivery of new SLK 300 soon but C&C not giving value of the rims that come with SLK300

Need advice as to whether any good work shop that will take in brand new SLK 300 rims with good trade in value for new AMG rims.

I expect to take delivery of new SLK 300 soon but C&C not giving value of the rims that come with SLK300

You have any pics of the rims? :)

The AMG rim u post should be what you are eyeing right goheh?

I think we need the picture of the rim that comes with your SLK300 so that perhaps bros n sis here can make an offer for u. If 18" original, my guess is that those Tyre shop will offer in the 1k region.

For that AMG rim that you post, I am sure Andrew has the figure $$ for u.

:)

HI OKL

correct, the posted AMG rim is what I am eyeing.

The std that comes with my SLK300 is Light alloy wheels (4) 5-twin-spoke design, 17'

Front axle 7.5 J x 17", tyre size 225/45 R 17

Rear axle 8.5 J x 17", tyre size 245/40 R 17,

I think. Will need to reconfirm with C&C again

Let u know next week once I hear from C&C, ya.

Glad if Andrew can let me know the $$ for AMG rims and tyres

HI Merc-C

Have not set my mind yet as not seem the actual rim and depend on the price too but from website, kinda like this 18"

Nice rims bro!

Been eyeing these rims as well but think they only comes in 18", me kinda looking around for 19" rims. ;D

There is a SLK300 now? Thought they only comes in 200/280/350 series? ???

Latest from C&C is tt SLK300 is replacing 280 in Singapore as well. They only confirm this last week when shipment arrived. Happy with the changed confirmation to SLK300. :clap: :clap:

Will 19" be too big for the SLK? Have to see one to tell. Don't mind considering but only if I get good value for the existing std rim. Kinda like the AMG body kit too.

Latest from C&C is tt SLK300 is replacing 280 in Singapore as well. They only confirm this last week when shipment arrived. Happy with the changed confirmation to SLK300. :clap: :clap:

Will 19" be too big for the SLK? Have to see one to tell. Don't mind considering but only if I get good value for the existing std rim. Kinda like the AMG body kit too.

If you are into speed and all you probably won't want to change to 19" fearing it will slow you down. When on 19", tyres are more ex, rims are more ex and the car drink more fuel too. Looks wise it is not too big..it looks very nice in fact.

To be more comfortable overall, 18" should suffice.

BTW, there's a very very very nice black DTM AMG Rims at benzline. You might want to check that out. Kewl to the max! :devil2:

congrats bro,

Then you should be the first or one of the first few to drive a SLK300! :thumbsup:

I kinda like these rims...

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=61651&DL=1229

HI OKL

correct, the posted AMG rim is what I am eyeing.

The std that comes with my SLK300 is Light alloy wheels (4) 5-twin-spoke design, 17'

Front axle 7.5 J x 17", tyre size 225/45 R 17

Rear axle 8.5 J x 17", tyre size 245/40 R 17,

I think. Will need to reconfirm with C&C again

Let u know next week once I hear from C&C, ya.

Glad if Andrew can let me know the $$ for AMG rims and tyres

Hi goheh28,

For this set of rims, it will easily cost about $1100 per rim, excluding tyres. For the tyres, it will be up to you which brand you want to use.

Hi goheh28,

congras man...........

19ins sure looks better and of course like OKL said, pick-up will be affected slightly but then again you've got enough hp and nm so no worries....231hp and 300nm.............

and remember to lower your ride when you up-size your rims otherwise the ride will looks like jeep...(Lol)

Cheers

Hi Andrew,

oic.....i meant time to re-badge to SLk300............

cheers

Hi Alvin, does re-badging gives ne additional 15hp? Hehe..if so it's a cheap mod man..:)

re-badging should only give an additional of 10hp. thats what happened when dan and mercy added the "pah jiao" face and "1will".

if u require a further increase of 10hp (making the total increase to 20hp), u might wanna consider taping ur bonnet with the blue tape we use to prevent scratches while we track / go for b road.

happy sticking :P