• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Aftermarket 2DIN HU Bracket

Guest dunnounme

Guest dunnounme

Anyone managed to get hold of a compatible aftermarket 2DIN HU bracket to swap out the stock integrated HU and install a 2DIN DVD HU?

If yes, please advise on the cost of the bracket and where you got it done, thanks.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest blackmercs

Anyone managed to get hold of a compatible aftermarket 2DIN HU bracket to swap out the stock integrated HU and install a 2DIN DVD HU?

If yes, please advise on the cost of the bracket and where you got it done, thanks.

Hi wats yr ride YOM and model? Btw I thought u r asking abt tour parckage, 2DIN = 2 day 1 nite !!!

Guest dunnounme

Oh ya, forgot to mention, it's for W204. Also, what's the max size midbass (6.5"?) that can go into the door without having to customise the door panel?

I've not gotten my ride yet, because ICE is a main concern, and this is what I have in my current Toyota. Can't live without good quality music....

Alpine IVA-W202E | Alpine PXA-H701 | Seas Lotus Reference RT25F/RW165 (2-Way Active) | JL Audio 12w3v2-D4 | Rockford Fosgate T600-4 and P3001

Guest dunnounme

bro,

Welcome to the club.....

Thanks bro, I'm still doing car hunting. Miss your Batmobil? My Rush is coming to 3 years in a few month's time, backside ichy liao. BTW, your whitey is a BE version? How's the FC like on those huge rims?

Guest turismo

bro,

Welcome to the club.....

Thanks bro, I'm still doing car hunting. Miss your Batmobil? My Rush is coming to 3 years in a few month's time, backside ichy liao. BTW, your whitey is a BE version? How's the FC like on those huge rims?

Yeap still miss my batmobile... Mine is not the BE version. FC is about 9km/l

Guest kepiting1sg

Welcum! :welcome:

Finally U found your way here from sgsoundsystem.com...hehehehe!

Unker has been waiting here for U for a long time! ;D

The 2 din bracket should be available at most local ICE installers.

Before U go out and throw away your stock W204 HU & speakers & tear your car apart - Are U willing to lose your steering wheel controls on your ICE including iPod integrations?

IMHO

Is get your W204 1st and find out what are available on your ride and then discuss with your installer what U gonna do.

The current W204 cums with lots of goodies like bluetooth hp & iPod intergration with steering controls.

Once U get into the W204 there's no way back for U go get back into your Rush!....hehehehe!!!!

So MTL - cure your itch - go & find your preloved W204! ;D

Guest dunnounme

Welcum! :welcome:

Finally U found your way here from sgsoundsystem.com...hehehehe!

Unker has been waiting here for U for a long time! ;D

The 2 din bracket should be available at most local ICE installers.

Before U go out and throw away your stock W204 HU & speakers & tear your car apart - Are U willing to lose your steering wheel controls on your ICE including iPod integrations?

IMHO

Is get your W204 1st and find out what are available on your ride and then discuss with your installer what U gonna do.

The current W204 cums with lots of goodies like bluetooth hp & iPod intergration with steering controls.

Once U get into the W204 there's no way back for U go get back into your Rush!....hehehehe!!!!

So MTL - cure your itch - go & find your preloved W204! ;D

Thanks for all your replies.

Unker, I don't use ipod (believer of original CDs for SQ ;D). Steering wheel controls should have a workaround, but not sure compatible with Merc or not. Honda and Toyota I've seen before paired with Alpine W502E. Bluetooth hp is something my wife will need since she's on the phone all the time....I can throw away the 2 wireless headsets she uses. :devil2:

Maybe I'll just use the H701 with the stock HU and get a C701 (still need a place to mount it though...). Then again, if that's the case, maybe ipod's SQ may be better than the stock HU...sigh...

Guest kepiting1sg

Thanks for all your replies.

Unker, I don't use ipod (believer of original CDs for SQ ;D). Steering wheel controls should have a workaround, but not sure compatible with Merc or not. Honda and Toyota I've seen before paired with Alpine W502E. Bluetooth hp is something my wife will need since she's on the phone all the time....I can throw away the 2 wireless headsets she uses. :devil2:

Maybe I'll just use the H701 with the stock HU and get a C701 (still need a place to mount it though...). Then again, if that's the case, maybe ipod's SQ may be better than the stock HU...sigh...

IMHO

Unker living happily with the stock HU on my FL W211.

Dun under estimate the stock HU.

For U, probably keeping the stock HU and using the H701 could be a choice but with the stock HU without Audio Out and using Hi-Lo to connect to the H701 will be

quite a degrading of the sound signal....hehehe...U may regret!

For the W204, I m not sure U can throw away the stock HU while keeping the BT hp which also store your contacts.

Lots of MB ICE enthusiast are :1mfinger: by the inflexibility of their stock ICE and :twinmfinger: with C & C not being able to retrofit locally the stock HU for a better one eg. the Command APS or even to retrofit a new Audio 20 to replace an older one.

I believe Alpine has some kind of integration with the MB steering controls - check with your installer!

Guest dunnounme

For U, probably keeping the stock HU and using the H701 could be a choice but with the stock HU without Audio Out and using Hi-Lo to connect to the H701 will be

quite a degrading of the sound signal....hehehe...U may regret!

Sigh...then go BitOne or RF 360.2 may be another alternative. Just helped an ICE kaki tune his H701 yesterday because he can't stand his BitOne...no one knows how to tune. Now he has a spare BitOne :yumyum: