• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Changing The Wood Trimmings

Guest sy69u

Can anyone here advise on how I can change the wood trimmings on the interior of an E200? Or if can change at all. If yes, where can I do it at & what is the damage?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

SY

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Me Milk & Kel,

My car is the new facelifted E200 Elegance. I already have the light yellowish brown wooded trimmings. Looks very antique inside. Maybe a change to a darker colour like the avantgarde or something metalic. Don't really know what changes can be done.

Also, the steering wheel grip is a bit too thin. Was previously driving the 1st generation C200. The steering grip was thicker. Also don't know if that can be change.

Regards,

SY

Hi Me Milk & Kel,

My car is the new facelifted E200 Elegance. I already have the light yellowish brown wooded trimmings. Looks very antique inside. Maybe a change to a darker colour like the avantgarde or something metalic. Don't really know what changes can be done.

Also, the steering wheel grip is a bit too thin. Was previously driving the 1st generation C200. The steering grip was thicker. Also don't know if that can be change.

Regards,

SY

Yup, it can be done. Using ur original wooden panels.... to change it to the black birdeye colour (which is the black wooden colour).

Steering Wheel also can be done....

Let me know if u interested.

You can change the steering wheel as long as the shape is compatible to your airbag. MBM and Benzline have some steering wheels for viewing.

I got my leather/bird-eye avantgarde MP Design one with "paddle shift buttons" via Benzline. The thicker padding definately feels better than the stock one for the W211 E Class. If you are going for wood trimmings on the steering wheel, my view is that it must match with the rest of your wooden trimmings.

me_milk ]

Hi Me Milk & Kel,

My car is the new facelifted E200 Elegance. I already have the light yellowish brown wooded trimmings. Looks very antique inside. Maybe a change to a darker colour like the avantgarde or something metalic. Don' wrote:

Yup, it can be done. Using ur original wooden panels.... to change it to the black birdeye colour (which is the black wooden colour).

Steering Wheel also can be done....

Let me know if u interested.

Thanks for the reply.

Does it mean I have to strip off my original wood trimmings or it goes over it? Do you have any idea what's the price like?

Steering wheel also can be done? Do you mean to change it to partial wooden? I rather have it in leather.

Yes, I'm very interested. Can you help me? My number is 91887878.

SY

You can change the steering wheel as long as the shape is compatible to your airbag. MBM and Benzline have some steering wheels for viewing.

I got my leather/bird-eye avantgarde MP Design one with "paddle shift buttons" via Benzline. The thicker padding definately feels better than the stock one for the W211 E Class. If you are going for wood trimmings on the steering wheel, my view is that it must match with the rest of your wooden trimmings.

Thanks for the info.

Yes, the thicker padding will definately feel better. Not going for the wooden trimmings for the steering wheel. The car has already too much wood. Do you know roughly how much it will cost? But if I change the steering wheel, will C&C still honour the warranty if anything goes wrong around the steering wheel or the dials? The buttons on the steering wheel controls alot of things.

Kompressor ]

Hi Me Milk & Kel,

My car is the new facelifted E200 Elegance. I already have the light yellowish brown wooded trimmings. Looks very antique inside. Maybe a change to a darker colour like the avantgarde or something metalic. Don' wrote:

Bro, note that your wooden trim steering wheel can be very hot if you park your car under the sun.

Thanks bro. Thats why I won't change it to the wooden trim steering wheel. Too much wood already. I rather spend the money on extra 'stronger' film shades. Well, thats another topic altogether ;D.

Thanks for the info.

Yes, the thicker padding will definately feel better. Not going for the wooden trimmings for the steering wheel. The car has already too much wood. Do you know roughly how much it will cost? But if I change the steering wheel, will C&C still honour the warranty if anything goes wrong around the steering wheel or the dials? The buttons on the steering wheel controls alot of things.

I only know if you change the steering wheel warranty will be void, likewise for any other brand but i think you might be able to do so if you go back to C & C.

Thanks for the info.

I only know if you change the steering wheel warranty will be void, likewise for any other brand but i think you might be able to do so if you go back to C & C.

Thanks for the info bro. Will check it out from C&C.

Thanks to all who have given me advises on the wood trimmings. Was advised from my C&C sales guy not to change it. Because if it's not done properly, there will be rattling noise or vibration coming from it :o. If that happens, I will be going to & fro having it fixed. sigh :(. Don't know what else to do. Well, guess hav to shelved the plan at the moment. Maybe go for higher horsepower ;D.

Every modification done there are bound to be risk involve. I have done the changing of wood trimming using cubic printing without any problems like noise nor vibrations. Cost around $500 +- cant really remember..steering wheel also changed..

Have tried uncountless ways to mod my car already. :P Now become want to sell also heart pain...

Every modification done there are bound to be risk involve. I have done the changing of wood trimming using cubic printing without any problems like noise nor vibrations. Cost around $500 +- cant really remember..steering wheel also changed..

Have tried uncountless ways to mod my car already. :P Now become want to sell also heart pain...

haha.. know the feeling. can't bear to part with my W203 too and also the demodding :'(

Thanks to all who have given me advises on the wood trimmings. Was advised from my C&C sales guy not to change it. Because if it's not done properly, there will be rattling noise or vibration coming from it :o. If that happens, I will be going to & fro having it fixed. sigh :(. Don't know what else to do. Well, guess hav to shelved the plan at the moment. Maybe go for higher horsepower ;D.

ah you're coming the right direction... K Box, intercooler, exhaust system, header, etc equal higher horsepower ;D

haha.. know the feeling. can't bear to part with my W203 too and also the demodding :'(

Tested the W204 yesterday and was impressed with the setup. Makes me even more tempted to change.

Saw your car at MBM being demod think it was bout 2 weeks ago..haha xim tia for u...But good choice on the W204.

Who wants to buy my W203!! ;D

Did you dismantle any of the wood trimmings part or they just put the prints over it?

CBlack ]

Thanks to all who have given me advises on the wood trimmings. Was advised from my C&C sales guy not to change it. Because if it' wrote:

ah you're coming the right direction... K Box, intercooler, exhaust system, header, etc equal higher horsepower ;D

I have read that I can raise my horsepower from the other tread by adding the K-box, pulley etc. but will the warranty be void? I'm really concern about warranty as C&C is so sticky about mods being installed by 'outsiders'. Was advised to do it once warranty is over. But to wait 3 years............. too long to enjoy a much better drive.

I have read that I can raise my horsepower from the other tread by adding the K-box, pulley etc. but will the warranty be void? I'm really concern about warranty as C&C is so sticky about mods being installed by 'outsiders'. Was advised to do it once warranty is over. But to wait 3 years............. too long to enjoy a much better drive.

it's a risk that you will have to take.

Guest kepiting1sg

sy69u ]

CBlack ]

Thanks to all who have given me advises on the wood trimmings. Was advised from my C&C sales guy not to change it. Because if it' wrote:

ah you' wrote:

I installed the K-Box on my W203 when the car was barely 6 months old.

I believe I could be the 1st in SG to installed the K-Box into the W203.

When I sent my car to C & C for servicing, they somehow found out about the K-Box and reminded me if the engine warning light comes on or anything goes wrong with the engine, the warranty for the engine will be voided.

The warranty for the rest of the car still holds. When the pump that activate the plunger to open the petrol filling cap failed. They still changed it for me FOC.

The K-Box lasted 3 years before rain water got into it.

During that 3 years, I never has any problem with the engine or engine warning light lighting up on me.

A few months ago, again itchy backside This time not only I installed another K-Box into my now > 3 years W203, but also with the Kleemann Pulley-Kit and a C230 Supercharger. I had it on for about 2 months without any problem with the engine.

The only problem I had was with my wife.....wahahahah!.....She doesn't approved the "new way" I drove the car.

Man!!!! The pull to red line, the power rush and the roar of air rushing

through the exhaust gas was simply contagious for even an old man

like me in his 50s. I felt "young again" but my wife thinks not!!! ;D

At that same time, I was also contemplating to sell the car, so I took it out again to please my wife.

So in summary, IMHO

Installing Kleemann K-Box, Pulley Kit, C230 Supercharger, Kleemann Headers is not going to kill your W203 engine when installed by "proper installer"

CBlack has also more or less gone in the same direction as me and he had his perf. mods for quite some time without the need to call AA or StarAssist

to tow his car to C & C. ;D ;D ;D

I believe he has taken out his perf. mods from his W203 which he has sold and going to put them on to his brand new W204.

kepiting1sg ]

sy69u ]

CBlack ]

ah you' wrote:

I have read that I can raise my horsepower from the other tread by adding the K-box, pulley etc. but will the warranty be void? I' wrote:

I installed the K-Box on my W203 when the car was barely 6 months old.

I believe I could be the 1st in SG to installed the K-Box into the W203.

When I sent my car to C & C for servicing, they somehow found out about the K-Box and reminded me if the engine warning light comes on or anything goes wrong with the engine, the warranty for the engine will be voided.

The warranty for the rest of the car still holds. When the pump that activate the plunger to open the petrol filling cap failed. They still changed it for me FOC.

The K-Box lasted 3 years before rain water got into it.

During that 3 years, I never has any problem with the engine or engine warning light lighting up on me.

A few months ago, again itchy backside This time not only I installed another K-Box into my now > 3 years W203, but also with the Kleemann Pulley-Kit and a C230 Supercharger. I had it on for about 2 months without any problem with the engine.

The only problem I had was with my wife.....wahahahah!.....She doesn't approved the "new way" I drove the car.

Man!!!! The pull to red line, the power rush and the roar of air rushing

through the exhaust gas was simply contagious for even an old man

like me in his 50s. I felt "young again" but my wife thinks not!!! ;D

At that same time, I was also contemplating to sell the car, so I took it out again to please my wife.

So in summary, IMHO

Installing Kleemann K-Box, Pulley Kit, C230 Supercharger, Kleemann Headers is not going to kill your W203 engine when installed by "proper installer"

CBlack has also more or less gone in the same direction as me and he had his perf. mods for quite some time without the need to call AA or StarAssist

to tow his car to C & C. ;D ;D ;D

I believe he has taken out his perf. mods from his W203 which he has sold and going to put them on to his brand new W204.

Wah! Listen to you already made me 'wet'. Cannot tahan already. Really power man. Will see how if the backside is really very itchy. Will call on you for more advises. If you don't mind.

Cheers.

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi sy69u,

Feel free to call me and we will feed U in poison in a big gulp like the one U buy at 7-eleven..... ;D ;D ;D

I work in Batam Island or rather Pleasure Island as a pimp Mon - Fri for the last 16 years and if U like U can contact my Indo hp +62 811 777772 or U can email me [email protected] or wait for the next meetup which I will be probably attending. (Dun wanna missed out on the Merc. T-shirts) ;D ;D ;D

Did you dismantle any of the wood trimmings part or they just put the prints over it?

Yes they would have to dismantle all the parts you want to change...including all the door panels. They take 4 days to do it so meanwhile u have to leave with panels being empty and filled with sponge...small sacrifice...

I take all the risks..hehe