• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing

Guest leelar

Guest leelar

Hi all,

I recently purchased a 2nd hand CLK 200K, it's done 38000 k's and the next service is due shortly. Previously, it had been serviced at C&C, I was just wondering if you guys could recommend other places just as good, but more value for money?

Also, has anyone had any experience with Star Black?

TIA, cheers.

Guest joli86

hihi all merc experts, I had an overall check and MBM told me that my engine mtg and gearbox mtg and frt long shaft coupling in poor condition. just to check, how much should i be looking for all this 3 items changed? I was given $950. Some advices please!!! many thanks

I am considering to change my entire console... just wonder let MBM do it for me?? or shall i search for another workshop?? thanks! wad price should i be looking at???? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Guest joli86

my servicing haven up yet but i had asked them to check out on my car and change any wear n tear.. service wise is not bad.. pricing i think is reasonable.. and a lot of merc cars did servicing there too.... their frontage is very nicely done up.. so i guess that's why customer feel at ease to let them service their expensive cars... =P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest Cklasse

When my W203 was still under C&C warranty and needed a transmission oil change, I went to "Ah Seng" workshop, not C&C. It's about (or more) $1400 for 3 days or $400 for half day. So the $1000 saved was spent for my Sydney holiday.

Sometimes it makes sense to go "outside" depending on the type of job. An oil change is something not difficult, not going "back" is ok.

• 1 month later...

regarding servicing, how much shd I been looking if I am doing at MBM... Seriously speaking don't trust any sales staff since they may get a cut of it and dun like when they quote a rough price and not definite pricing.

it's kinda hard to be exact because unless you are specific about the item to do ... usage of different engine oil will result in $ varies ..

also during the servicing, if there is a faulty part to be replaced or some components to be adjusted, this might incur additional part charges and/or labour ...

at the end of the day, it all boils down to how comfortable you are with the service place. some swear by C&C and nothing else .. while others are perfectly ok with MBM and some Ah Seng/Meng/Beng.

pls bear in mind that all biz are there to make profits ... yes, some might wield a cleaver while others uses just an everyday kitchen knife. But they need to make enough to pay for their rental, workers and eqpts too ...

build a relationship with a w/s and over a period of time, you will trust them with yr precious investment knowing that you get wat you are paying for and no BS.

jumping from one w/s to another for the cheapest $$, in the long run, serves no real purpose I think

i read in forums when pple ask "where's the cheapest service", "can I bring this and that so that it will be cheaper.." etc ..

my take is, if u want to own a car, make sure you can manage the servicing and repairs that come with it .. owning a top marque, chances are u need to spend that little more ... dun fret it

enjoying the ride is more important !

Guest apple088

RLIM wrote:

I recently went to MBM and I found it expensive too. quoted me $600 to top up my gearbox oil and gasket etc. Went to another and got it done for less than $250.

Which one did you go to?