• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

auto window using key fob?

Guest esssevo

Guest esssevo

is this function available? for the audi, unlock using keyfob, then press and hold unlock, then all the windows will automatically wind down, and hold on to lock to wind up all the windows automatically?

is this function available? for the audi, unlock using keyfob, then press and hold unlock, then all the windows will automatically wind down, and hold on to lock to wind up all the windows automatically?

Yes , it does......

Guest angela

u have to be on the driver side and standing within close proximity of the car to use this feature, but it's there alright.

u have to be on the driver side and standing within close proximity of the car to use this feature, but it's there alright.

for audi .. no need to stand on drv side nor stand near near the car.

about 6m away still can work ... tried it myself liao

Guest esssevo

ooo... will try later... thanks guys for the info! for audi, aniwhere can wind up/down... for honda, can auto wind down, but mus insert key into driver door keyhole to wind up... lol

Guest bbwannabe

hi,

if you look closely on your driver's side door, there is a tiny black window on the handle. that is the IR receiver. you need to point your remote at it like your tv remote and press and hold the unlock button. same for raising the windows.

Guest esssevo

hi,

if you look closely on your driver's side door, there is a tiny black window on the handle. that is the IR receiver. you need to point your remote at it like your tv remote and press and hold the unlock button. same for raising the windows.

jus tried and it works! thanks :) no more oven when i get into the car anymore..

Guest angela

yes i know that. for bmw more than 6m away also can. so long as can receive signal can do all this liao.

i dunno why merc special must be near den can do. tried for C class, E class and SLK class.

Guest ysboey

Merc reason is for safety. Imagine you try to wind up the window from a distance & someone happened to have his head or hands on the window without realising.....

yes i know that. for bmw more than 6m away also can. so long as can receive signal can do all this liao.

i dunno why merc special must be near den can do. tried for C class, E class and SLK class.

Guest angela

Merc reason is for safety. Imagine you try to wind up the window from a distance & someone happened to have his head or hands on the window without realising.....

fair point. but the user that closes his car moving parts (auto windows, auto boot, auto sunroof, auto convertible top) without paying attention deserves to loose something for negligence.

mercedes has always pride their safety levels, but i feel that over doing safety to a point leads to inconvience.

lets give an example, my friend wind down the rear window, but never wind it back up, he only told me when i walked 10m away from the car, and i am on the passenger side. is mercedes saying that i or my friend have to walk back to the driver side and stand less than 1 meter away to wind back up the windows? in that case i rather open the door to do it. waste of function, to be frank and honest.

another example, hot day my car parked under the 34 deg sun with dark colour interior making the inside over 40 deg. must i walk all the way 1 meter from the car to auto drop the windows with my key? again i might as well open the door and do it manually? instead in another continential car i can do it >6 meters away and walk back to an interior which has let most of the hot air out thru the already opened windows.

what happens in eg 1 if it was raining?

just my 2 cents earned from walking back to my merc each time i require a more friendlier feature.

hmmm, i think wouldn't really be a problem since merc windows are automatic. it will stop raising when it senses something is in the way.

when u depress the window button up or down manually and hold it there, the auto sensing features are disabled. i go kiap my hand b4 trying to show my friend why i loved the "auto sensing feature". :banghead: not sure if holding the key button down would establish the same effect.