• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

w211 Gear Hesistate to change.

Guest bossbthk

Guest bossbthk

Dear fellow members,

was traveling down mandai rd this morning. wanted to overtake a dumptruck ... so i floored the accelerator.

the car apparently down gear'ed ... then i experience a sudden massive jerk b4 the acceleration.

the Massive Jerk felt as though the car gonna stall. i was doing 60km/h b4 flooring the accelerator ...

anybody felt this b4 ?? :'(

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear fellow members,

was traveling down mandai rd this morning. wanted to overtake a dumptruck ... so i floored the accelerator.

the car apparently down gear'ed ... then i experience a sudden massive jerk b4 the acceleration.

the Massive Jerk felt as though the car gonna stall. i was doing 60km/h b4 flooring the accelerator ...

all the time bro, there's a lag when you floor the pedal. i can only guess its normal.

but my jerk would be the "bang" feeling, not too serious for me.

i have learnt to press little bit accelerator so the "lag" is taken away, i.e. hear the kompressor spin first before flooring it, or press alittle bit, feel the downshift then floor it.

not sure if this helps, but can try.

Guest www888

Dear fellow members,

Which model is your W211? E200k with 5-speed auto transmission? Or V6 models with 7G-tronics?

Guest bossbthk

w211 fl model ... e200k ... not the e230 with 7-G.

thx funng for the info.

hahaha ... it just raise to my concern if i will dmg the gearbox or not ... =X

i guess benz shld be quite reliable when the masterpiece is still alive and kick after 10+ yrs ... :clap:

Guest www888

Mine is e230 with 7-G. Usually find pulling power lacking when going up steep slopes. Downshift manually by shifting gear lever to left usually does the trick. Not sure if the jerk that you experience is due to kompressor super-charger or the 5-speed auto transmission. Need to find opportunity to try same move on my ride and see if there is jerkiness too.

Guest alumetal

My guess is that you might have hit the spot where "Boost" came ON and gear changed at the same time..... that Y the lag than bust of power.

Suggest you :

-Downshift manually [by shifting gear lever to left], instead of just floored the accelerator.

The feel is better and over-taking is faster too.

Guest www888

Suggest you :

-Downshift manually [by shifting gear lever to left], instead of just floored the accelerator.

Agree. That's what I do. The gear lever knob of FL W211 feels good to hold any way, and height of centre arm rest just nice. To upshift, shift gear knob to right. To return to normal automatic transmission, shift to right and hold for a sec.

Guest bossbthk

Suggest you :

Agree. That's what I do. The gear lever knob of FL W211 feels good to hold any way, and height of centre arm rest just nice. To upshift, shift gear knob to right. To return to normal automatic transmission, shift to right and hold for a sec.

i shld try tht ... haaha ... normally i leave it with the car to change gear.

p/s which mode do u all usually use ?? i pressume most on the S mode ??

Guest www888

i shld try tht ... haaha ... normally i leave it with the car to change gear.

p/s which mode do u all usually use ?? i pressume most on the S mode ??

I use S mode for normal driving, as advised in the owner's manual, although SE said C mode is more fuel efficient.

I tried stepping on the accelerator yesterday, just a slight pause, no jerkiness, and car took off quite smoothly -- then again, not sure whether it is due to v6 2.5 litre NA engine or the 7-G transmission.

Guest alumetal

Depends whether u got Sprint Booster installed or not (its worth it !)

with Sprint Booster installed , "C" mode is quite sensitive on throttle change.

In "S" mode with Sprint Booster..... its even more sensitive to throttle response.

In summary, with Sprint Booster installed "C" will be similar to "S" in normal.

"S" will be ........ very sensitive !