• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Blow-off valve sound during cold start-up

Guest frasier

Guest frasier

Has anyone experienced a blow-off valve sound when you first start the engine in the morning?

It has been happening on my CL203 regularly enough for me to be concerned. But the Tech at C&C have no explanation for it.

I have no problems with the car, though. It's just that I have never had this sound before until this last year.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest frasier

It's telling you to buy an EVO or a GTR :D

haha! That's a good one! Maybe my engine secretly wants to be a GTR when he grows up!

It cranks-up ok. No delay, no problem at all actually. It's just that every once in a while, there is that loud Turbo blow-off that goes with the start.

Guest angela

It cranks-up ok. No delay, no problem at all actually. It's just that every once in a while, there is that loud Turbo blow-off that goes with the start.

bro try and rev ur engine to ~4,000rpm in P just before u turn off the car...

but this i cannot confirm, please try at ur own risk... i only did it to see if my engine would crank at a faster speed... apparently this works for my toyota but for the auto crank in merc it didnt...

Guest angela

I think mercs have a rev limiter that prevent you from going beyond 4k rpm in P. I tried doing this at home before.

izzit? i can rev till 4 k no problem one leh. i used to do that den got lazy cuz our merc pedal so heavy...

later go test test see can hit redline not...

bro ur car scared last time u head into a wall... now it 4k cut power clutch in pull handbrake hard leow... :1mfinger:

I think mercs have a rev limiter that prevent you from going beyond 4k rpm in P. I tried doing this at home before.

izzit? i can rev till 4 k no problem one leh. i used to do that den got lazy cuz our merc pedal so heavy...

later go test test see can hit redline not...

bro ur car scared last time u head into a wall... now it 4k cut power clutch in pull handbrake hard leow... :1mfinger:

positive about going above 4k when in P, can get to hear the kompressor whine. hahahaa.