• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing for Mercs W168 A160

Guest angela

Guest angela

Hey guys..first of all,sorry for not attending the meetup yesterday.Some stuff cropped up and had no time.

Anyway,wanna send my dad's A160 for servicing...its done around 44000km and my uncle feels that the power is decreasing,so probably in need of a good service.Is there any good place that you guys can recommend besides c&c?Btw does servicing also includes change of wiper blades and replacement of windscreen wiper fluid?

Thanks for the help guys. :)

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest angela

The wiper blade and battery for my W168 was changed only once in its 110,000 km period with me. There are not much to change other than filters and oil.

Hi Cklasse,just wondering if you've had this problem that I'm experiencing now.Sometimes after I park the car,the brake lights remain on.I have to check the car everytime I park and if the lights are on,I have to tap on the brake pedals to turn it off before locking the car.Have you faced this before and will servicing fix it?

Guest Cklasse

Looks like a stiff brake switch at the pedal. Bring to MBM and they will solve for you. I don't have this problem with my W168, in fact, think I was lucky to get a problem free car. Some W168 have a long list of problem...possibly a Friday car.

• 2 months later...

I also have a relatively problem free A160. I think the cars after 2003 is quite reliable. There are many places that service A class - changing oil and air filter / engine flush and brake pads. But I usually have 1 servicing done with C&C every year, just to make sure everything's alright.

I wasn't aware of the A-Klasse club until recently. SO we probably have not met. Is your car the Picadilly version ? It's the final version of the W168 that has signal light on the side mirrors.