• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C230 not available in C&C now?

Guest Arkantos

Guest Arkantos

Went to C&C yesterday, the SE told me C230 model not available for sale. Is it true? Or did I hear wrongly?

Me looking to get a new car. Which is better, the C230 or the 525i?

Thanxs!

Guest Arkantos

Hi Arkantos,

have you test drive both ride? go with your hearts........

for me 525i anytime.......

cheers

Didnt try the C230, the SE told me model not available for sale! Maybe I heard wrongly, gg down next weekend again. The handling of the 525 is superb, though design is bit outdated due to its age.

Guest Cerano

hi bro

actually

c230 is not really comparable to 525i different target audience

but the v6 is very smooth and quiet but i heard the power delivery is not that good. runs out of breath quite easily. handling wise surely not as good as bmw :thumbsup:

have you considered the new E-class?

Guest hillgreen

I think the C class is more elegance with the new design and somewhat feels more roomy...

The 525 is already a older model though its handling is still more superb.....

Guest xtrem

Hey Arkantos, i nearly settle on tat 525 two mths ago. After considering juz enjoy tat new car for less then a yr, new model will be out nex yr (somewhere ard Mar - April 2010). If u settle tat 525 now, less then a yr, ppl will tell u tats an old car liao. By then if u heard tat, sure bei tai han wan. Not worth it. Me went check it out tat IS 250. The back seat too cramp liao, not enough head room. Power wise, both alrite :punk1:

Went to C & C, test drive C180 & C200. Straight away down $3k deposit for C200 . Y? Comfort & tat kind of MERCEDES BENZ Feeling you will never find in other cars.

Till now, never look back and no regret.

Follow your heart, fren.

Guest Arkantos

Hey Arkantos, i nearly settle on tat 525 two mths ago. After considering juz enjoy tat new car for less then a yr, new model will be out nex yr (somewhere ard Mar - April 2010). If u settle tat 525 now, less then a yr, ppl will tell u tats an old car liao. By then if u heard tat, sure bei tai han wan. Not worth it. Me went check it out tat IS 250. The back seat too cramp liao, not enough head room. Power wise, both alrite :punk1:

Went to C & C, test drive C180 & C200. Straight away down $3k deposit for C200 . Y? Comfort & tat kind of MERCEDES BENZ Feeling you will never find in other cars.

Till now, never look back and no regret.

Follow your heart, fren.

Thanxs for ur advise, xtrem. I have test drive the 525i and the A4 2T quattro. The 525i handling is superb, v stable drive, the A4 keen to rev when floor. As for the C200, will try this weekend. Actually looking for the C230, but SE say model not available. The new 525 coming 2Q10, but looking at the new car pic (if correct), don't really like the new 5 look. The downside for 525i is the dated interior look, compared to the more youthful A4 and the C200.

cheers

Guest mbc230avg

If you are willing to consider PI, the C230 is available. The creamy smoothness of the V6, coupled to the 7G-Tronic will be the main strengths. The car doesn't seem to run out of torque at all speeds, with the gear changes matching the rise of the engine revs, and changing smoothly up from one to the next.

Running costs for the C230 is lower than the BM, not to mention a savings of at least $30-35k if you are willing to go the PI way.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xtrocious

We were actually intending to get the 325 but backside itchy, thought we stop by C&C (just before PML mah)...

Ended up signing for the C200 last Monday...hahah

But how come your deposit is only S$3k when my SE collected S$10k from me?

Guest east539

We were actually intending to get the 325 but backside itchy, thought we stop by C&C (just before PML mah)...

Ended up signing for the C200 last Monday...hahah

But how come your deposit is only S$3k when my SE collected S$10k from me?

it all depends how you negotiate & the time of buying, must cho pattern one >:D for me I only paid less than 1k deposit for my car.

Guest xtrocious

Wah, that means I kena screwed by my SE ah?

Must call up tomorrow and cry father cry mother...hahah

Anyway, it was charged to my CC - can earn points so no problem :thumbsup:

Actually buy car must see timing wan. Go chose a car during the end of the month, they need to hit quota for company and SE, so u ask them wan onot, u can settle today the car, most of the time they will give in wan.

But to my experience, dun push too hard, so long as you get what u wanted, swai swai kee liao. If not after u bought the car, both party oso not happy, tio bo.

Buy car must happy not angry... :punk1:

Guest xtrocious

Actually buy car must see timing wan. Go chose a car during the end of the month, they need to hit quota for company and SE, so u ask them wan onot, u can settle today the car, most of the time they will give in wan.

But to my experience, dun push too hard, so long as you get what u wanted, swai swai kee liao. If not after u bought the car, both party oso not happy, tio bo.

Buy car must happy not angry... :punk1:

Definitely gems of wisdom there :3some:

Buy car is to be happy - especially a luxury car like this...hahah

One reason why we signed on the spot was the better service given by the SE at C&C as compared to the rude (outright obnoxious even) SE from PA and the friendly but blur SE from PML...

Of course buyers are after a good deal and in an ideal world, we should get it - but we all know that if we are too nice, the SEs will take us for a ride (and I don't mean a test drive) in a blink of an eye :2guns:

That's why I think information sharing is very important - there's actually a thread on the blue/white badge forum on the pricing of the cars - not list price but the actual ex-showroom price :)

xtrocious, paid deposit aready, don't look back liao. In Singapore, COE up down too fast liao, te bei tio.

Singapore garmen policy change very fast wan.

Anyway, hope to see u guys one day and may our group become bigger. :punk1:

Guest xtrocious

xtrocious, paid deposit aready, don't look back liao. In Singapore, COE up down too fast liao, te bei tio.

Singapore garmen policy change very fast wan.

Anyway, hope to see u guys one day and may our group become bigger. :punk1:

Not looking back - looking forward to the delivery which is still eons away :'(

Also still considering the options of whether to add the AMG kit or just change the rims...

• 2 weeks later...