• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Err... a bit itchy for this car... what are your thoughts ??

Guest eokh

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=55854&DL=1176

Folks

am thinking of buying it

definitely not as nicely restored as GP's black monster

but hey ... its much cheaper

what do you think ?

Hi eokh,

If you like the W126, you should go for the 300SEL. Better still the Classic model. Most of the reviews I read say good things about the 300SEL model. More economical and better power to weight ratio. The price of the 280SEL you are eyeing, after adding a new COE, works out to be near 20K liao. Not exactly cheap compared to the 300SEL. The 300SEL has electric seats for both front and back rows. My 2 cents...

Guest mr w124

The w126 is truly a fantastic car to see on the road man. Really imposing n i have seen some that have been really kept in mint condition as well as some that look ready to fall apart yet keep on running well.

Anyway, road tax wise dont see much diff between the 280 n 300. This is a pretty good looking one.http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=52516&DL=1000

If that is within your budget, this looks even better. http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=42795&DL=1268

The second looks well done up n has what looks like an upgraded sound system. lights also look less faded.

But the one from TS really does look fantastic. got that regal look. sigh. If not for the ridiculous tax, i would have got one.

Hello Everyone

today ... couldnt stop the itch

so made my way down to AML

the car had been laid up so i couldnt take it into the open roads.

Managed to drive it around the carpark

the axle bushing is dead

the steering column, tie rod, control arms need replacing.

the car had been extensively repainted but there are still some rust spots which they missed.

the chassis looks straight as far as i can see

am seriously considering this car

except that ... like what GP said ... it is a 280

moreover ... its not the Classic model so it doesnt have climate control nor electric seats.

Even my crabby 91'er W124 has climate control ... kind of embarrassing right ??

the boss made me a decent offer ... maybe i should hold out for a classic model like GP's

*SLURP !! my mind is set on a W126 ... pretty much.