• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Team McLaren Mercedes First and Second at Sepang!

Guest VBlaster_W211

Guest VBlaster_W211

Saw the exciting race at Merc Centre. Right from the beginning, Merc got it right and grabbed 1st and second position. Lewis manoeuvred strategically at 2nd position to widen the gap, hence giving Alonso a clear lead that stretched to 20 sec or so eventually! Henceforth it was domination by the Silver Arrows!

In fact, quite early on the race, Ferrari 3rd place Massa tried too hard and overran the track. From then on, it was really between Kimi and Lewis. At the final lap, they were just 1 sec apart, with Alonso clearly and comfortably in the lead.

Yes, Alonso won in his cool headed way, but if there is a "driver of the race" (like soccer), I'll vote for Lewis for strategic manoeuvring and performance under constant pressure from Kimi for the good part of the race!

Jenson Button of Bar Honda moved up a bit too, from 16 to 12.

Oh, and here're the goodies from Merc Centre. I won the limited edition McLaren Merc F1 calender (rest is door gift) :)

IMG_0155Large.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest VBlaster_W211

I actually stayed behind to see the FL E Class, but I did go into the car park to put my things into my car. Sorry, should had caught up with you!

Guest jenvid

Darn, shld have head up to C&C Alexandra then Sepang....Aircon, comfortable, free beer, parking etc etc...

But then nothing beats the engine roar of 22 F1 cars when the red lights go off...