• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Lobang for COMAND APS Navi map update?

Guest NCS

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kepiting1sg

wah! so lucky! haha... if not $2k map disc for you man.

IMHO

I always say your GPSR is only as good as your maps.

Our roads are "changing" every other day and new buildings, roads, petrol stations, etc., are added now & then.

That is why local Garmin, Papago & Mapking maps are getting updates every other weeks or mth.

Sorry... C&C service guy made a mistake, my Comand APS navi need to buy the disc to update the map. :(

But the disc for my model cost $600... (He indicate E-class one is 2k).

My current map is ver 1 (2008 south east asia, consist of HK, MAL, SGP map).

Latest disc is only ver 2 (2009)..., so I intend to bare another year or two for ver 3 or 4 to get an update.

Guest kopimonster

i juz called to check too....2k for the maps is extortion! :2guns:

IMHO,

Not only extortion - the map probably by now is out of date.

piangz...thats daylight robbery! :ninja:

thanks for the headsup unker!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ivanchan

Hi to all,

I hav bot a PI SLK, 2 months old, with a command system and the GPS built=in. However, there is no map loaded. From wat I gather here, it seems the only way to get it working is to go to C&C to buy the map? Will C&C entertain PI cars here? n also is the 2K price fixed?

All advice wld be appreciated

Thanks

Ivan

Guest kepiting1sg

Hi to all,

I hav bot a PI SLK, 2 months old, with a command system and the GPS built=in. However, there is no map loaded. From wat I gather here, it seems the only way to get it working is to go to C&C to buy the map? Will C&C entertain PI cars here? n also is the 2K price fixed?

Thanks

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

IMHO

I have repeated many times and I would like to repeat myself again.

U might able to get a GPS Map of SG & MY for your Command APS from C & C and get it working but lots of information on the maps are outdated by now.

Furthermore U will need to pay an arm & leg for the DVD GPS Map.

Nice to have the GPS working on your Command and viewing it there but if the maps are not up to date, it becomes a "handicap"

You will be better off buying a portable Garmin based GPSr and sticking it to your windscreen whenever U want to use it.

Furthermore local purchased Garmin GPSr currently gets free unlimited map updates form MalSingMaps/Garmin Website which appears nearly every month

while MalFreeMaps are giving free map updates of SG & MY nearly almost every 10 days.

A Portable GPSr is also useful when U are driving overseas.

Navigasi.net gives out free Garmin based Indonesian maps and free updates nearly less than every 3 months.

It makes driving in Indonesia a breeze!

U buy the DVD Map for your Command which IMHO is already outdated.

Then later they come with a new updated DVD Map (which by the time they come out is also outdated)

U will always be behind with outdated maps and keep paying arms & legs for it.

My Rp 1 of opinion!

Choice is yours!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ivanchan

Hi to all,

Thanks

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

IMHO

I have repeated many times and I would like to repeat myself again.

U might able to get a GPS Map of SG & MY for your Command APS from C & C and get it working but lots of information on the maps are outdated by now.

Furthermore U will need to pay an arm & leg for the DVD GPS Map.

Nice to have the GPS working on your Command and viewing it there but if the maps are not up to date, it becomes a "handicap"

You will be better off buying a portable Garmin based GPSr and sticking it to your windscreen whenever U want to use it.

Furthermore local purchased Garmin GPSr currently gets free unlimited map updates form MalSingMaps/Garmin Website which appears nearly every month

while MalFreeMaps are giving free map updates of SG & MY nearly almost every 10 days.

A Portable GPSr is also useful when U are driving overseas.

Navigasi.net gives out free Garmin based Indonesian maps and free updates nearly less than every 3 months.

It makes driving in Indonesia a breeze!

U buy the DVD Map for your Command which IMHO is already outdated.

Then later they come with a new updated DVD Map (which by the time they come out is also outdated)

U will always be behind with outdated maps and keep paying arms & legs for it.

My Rp 1 of opinion!

Choice is yours!

Thks bro for the reply.....hmm, certainly seem like the case gettin Garmin is the way to go....

Cheers

yo my map is 2005 and my car is 2006 pre FL E200 W211, can it used your map?..can share and let me burn a copy.

Thanks, paying 2000 is too much to C&C.. also i was able to enable the video while in motion..is your able to do it?